jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is sex a stress reliever?

1. profile image46
    dontknowposted 7 years ago

Is sex a stress reliever?

2. Diane Inside profile image80
    Diane Insideposted 7 years ago

For me it is, I think it is the intimacy with my husband that lowers my stress level because I am with someone who love me and only has my best interest at heart. and that makes me feel safe and stress free. Of course physical activity by itself is a stress reliever anyway so I'd definately say YES!

3. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 7 years ago

That depends on if you like the person you are sleeping with.. Lol JK. : ) Yes, I would say it is. You get to relax your mind and think about all the love you have for the other person.

4. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Look, at my age you can't be picky. Hey, I hear a hub calling out my name.   I better go because it would be insane to lose an opportunity.

5. kimkay profile image73
    kimkayposted 7 years ago

You bet it is! Doctors say that a good romp in the sack releases endorphins which are stress relieving hormones. In fact synthetic versions of endorphins are used in painkillers.
    So yes, if you are feeling stressed, look for someone you love and go at it like bunnies! smile

6. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

Sex if done with the person you love gives great amount of respite and  definitely is a stress reliever.

7. katkin profile image60
    katkinposted 7 years ago

it most certainly is! one of the best I think,especially with someone you love.

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

Defenitly sex releases indorfanins that ease stress it is aslo great for migraines and other stress related conditions

9. Goodpal profile image91
    Goodpalposted 7 years ago

Sex is not a stress reliever. It is a form of most intimate communication between two people. It is an honest expression of innermost feeling in an atmosphere of trust and closeness.

It is incorrect to think that every time I am stressed I will go for sex. That will not eliminate the basic reason why you are stressed at the first place.

In fact, if you first learn to destress yourself and then allow natural intimacy (sex) you are handling both - sex and stress - in the correct way.

Mixing the two may vitiate the quality of both.

working