Hi, i was reading about what you were saying about mrsa,please help me if you ca

1. profile image43
    f1nuttaposted 7 years ago

Hi, i was reading about what you were saying about mrsa,please help me if you can i have been trying

for a while now, right my mum went into a hosp, for surgery for cancer, they cleared the cancer, but she caught mrsa, she didnt have it when she went in there and they grew it from fluid out of her chest drain, 3days to detect it was mrsa and then 3 days untill they treated her, but my solisitor is saying that it could have been the airbourne type, she died sad it was in her cheast where she had the surgery, please is there any way off telling hospital acc, and airbourne acc, the coroner took tissue slides to be retained would this help me prove nything, and wld mrsa die when my mum did plzhelp

2. profile image0
    Dr. Squigglesposted 7 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's death!  I'm not certain I understand all of your question but let me take a stab at it...

MRSA stands for methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus.  That's a few big words which just mean that staphylococcus aureus (a type of bacteria) is resistant to an antibiotic called methicillin.  What this means is that the bacteria is a lot harder to kill with an antibiotic.  Those of us that work in the hospital setting see this all the time!  In fact, most places will routinely test hospital patients for this and sometimes even put them in isolation so that this type of bacteria doesn't spread.  As we use more and more antibiotics to treat infections, these sorts of drug resistant bacteria are becoming more and more common.  Overall, I don't think there is really any way to know how your  mother developed that particular infection.  However, it has become quite common in hospitals. 

Hope that helped!

working