Hi, I've just published a hub on the result of a recent research that drinking m

1. gingerol profile image61
    gingerolposted 7 years ago

Hi, I've just published a hub on the result of a recent research that drinking milk may actually...

lead to more weight loss (based on research by some scientists at the Ben-Gurion University in Israel).  What is your opinion about this?  Thanks.

2. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

I love milk but I have heard this for years and I have never found it to be true for me. I think it is just the dairy industry pushing milk. I do use 2% milk in cereal but in about anything that calls for milk you can use a non-dairy creamer, with no fat, no nothing. That seems wisest to me as long as you get calcium in another form. I have friends who will not drink milk that comes from beef which they don't eat. I guess it makes sense. People who raise cattle for beef and milk, is not like years ago, and you cannot trust the FDA, they wait years knowing things are wrong and what can we do about them? Nothing.

3. Craan profile image70
    Craanposted 7 years ago

There is a big controversy regarding milk and almost all holistic natural paths agree milk is extremely hard to digest and isn't needed after we turn one year old.
    Most commercial milk products are pasteurized and homogenized rendering it indigestible because all its' enzymes are killed during the process of heating to the boiling point to kill microorganisms.
    If you live on a farm and are blessed with drinking raw milk then this is a different story. You will get many benefits from drinking real milk like calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, enzymes and desired weight loss.