jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the healthiest diet for weight loss?

1. lrohner profile image81
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

What is the healthiest diet for weight loss?

2. profile image0
    miolunaposted 7 years ago

Healthiest diet is the diet when you get all necessary nutrition for your body. You can find such a diet from Joan Lunden in my hub Top 3 celebrities diets

3. personaltraining profile image50
    personaltrainingposted 7 years ago

in my opinion people make dieting more difficult than it needs to be, by getting on to ultra restrictive diets that don't actually suit their lifestyle or tastebuds.

Work out your daily amount of calories required to maintain your current weight, then subtract 500 calories. Now right down everything you eat during the day, and look up the amount of calories from protein, carb and fats. If the total calories is above your target, look at which of your meals have the highest calories, and replace them with something else that you like that has less calories.

That sounds like a lot of work but really it shouldn't take very long at all to see where you are going wrong, and plan some improvements.

Also try to get as much protein as possible, more fibre and less sugars and saturated fats (unsaturated fats are fine if you don't over do it). Fill up on salads or steamed vegies to keep your stomach full and amount of calories down.

The point is that you need to be able to STICK TO the diet, and in my opinion you can only stick to a plan that's built on foods that you like, not on foods someone else tells you to eat.

4. GetFitRight profile image61
    GetFitRightposted 7 years ago

Any diet based on the food pyramid that allows at least 1200 calories a day for a woman and 1500 calories a day for a man.

The best free site to track how many calories you ate how many you need and be able to see how much is protein, carbs, fat and more is to use a free site called Calorie Count.

You can find myself and other great people on here
    http://caloriecount.about.com/profile/getfitright
    and it is all free.

5. Glemoh101 profile image50
    Glemoh101posted 7 years ago

The healthiest and the natural diet for weight loss is eating fat burning foods.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Fat-Burning-Foo … ning-Foods

working