jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the AMP energy drink bad for kids?

1. profile image44
    Anonymous Chickposted 7 years ago

Is the AMP energy drink bad for kids?

My friend loves to drink the AMP energy drink . She says its safe for everyone, even kids. I would just like to find out before I try one because I searched online and saw numerous complaints like strokes, heart attacks, and blood chunks in your urine. PLEASE be honest because the safety of people depend on your answer to my question.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3960354_f260.jpg

2. Never_Forget profile image54
    Never_Forgetposted 7 years ago

Yes. Energy drinks are not supposed to be for kids. They are worse than soda because they not only have a lot more sugar, but also a lot of stimulants and herbs that have not been researched for long-term effects, like taurine. Kids who drink energy drinks often are likely to wind up with diabetes at a young age. The amount of sugar content in energy drinks is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the caffeine content which has shown to stunt growth in undeveloped kids and also cause a slew of other issues such as anxiety, restlessness, insomnia and dehydration.

MayoClinic has a ton of good articles on why energy drinks are bad for you. Here is one short one that sums up my own claims.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/energy-drinks/AN01630

3. David R Bradley profile image83
    David R Bradleyposted 7 years ago

YES!!!  Why not just give a kid a line of coke.  It'll probably be more natural and organic!!!  Ironically enough...  =\

4. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Yes, please keep away from stimulants. It is bad for kids and adults
    Nothing can substitute proper nourishment and good amount of sleep.

As for adults, there are some exceptions. An example would be to perform unexpected emergency work or to finish a long distance driving trip safely. However, in all cases stimulants should not be taken as a habit.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image97
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

For the reasons others have given, they are probably not even good for adults. Kids usually have energy to spare. Even 'regular' "soft drinks" are not good for them, or us.

working