jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If your city or state decided to ban alcohol would you encourage it?

1. JDeAngelis profile image60
    JDeAngelisposted 7 years ago

If your city or state decided to ban alcohol would you encourage it?

Alcohol kills more people and destroys more lives than every other illegal substance combined. The only reason it is freely available is because it generates so much money, in tax and sales.

Is an alcohol-free society something that we should all strive for? Would you consider it a step forward or backwards for "civilized" man?

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Definitely YES!  As a person who does a lot of driving, it is dangerous enough having to deal with raging or inconsiderate drivers and road hogs. The impaired driver makes it twice as bad on the roads.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

never. i would fight it to the end and i would still drink even if they said i couldn't. it's no ones business if i drink as long as it doesn't effect others. to say yes , you would have to be one of the few that gives no value to your personal freedom.

4. JDeAngelis profile image60
    JDeAngelisposted 7 years ago

It is kind of a toss up between having the right to drink responsibly and reducing the road death toll. I think that in these types of scenarios the correct choice is obvious but it is "The fear of missing out" that holds people back from choosing the right way.

working