jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some of your favorite low calorie snack or meal ideas?

1. notfatforlong profile image58
    notfatforlongposted 7 years ago

What are some of your favorite low calorie snack or meal ideas?

2. Scoutruth profile image56
    Scoutruthposted 7 years ago

I love almonds.  Nowadays, they come in a variety of flavors.  My favorite is chili with lime.  BTW, I wish you luck on your new endeavor!

3. profile image0
    Shrinking Violetposted 7 years ago

I'm starting to eat more oranges, tomatoes and mushrooms.

4. StarCreate profile image72
    StarCreateposted 7 years ago

High protein snacks are more filling than carbs, calorie for calorie.  Try eating a hard boiled egg, for less than 80Cal it'll satisfy you for longer

5. KNSarmiento4 profile image53
    KNSarmiento4posted 7 years ago

I love having a cup of strawberries, it's only 46 calories. If I'm having a sweet-tooth, I usually eat 2 pieces of Butterscotch Candy, which has 42 calories.

I use an app on my iPhone called the Snack App, I made a hub all about it! I wrote all of my favorite snacks (which are too many to count). Haha!

6. surfcaster2010 profile image78
    surfcaster2010posted 6 years ago

A glass of soy milk. As a recovering open heart patient, soy is a big part of my nutrition. It actually tastes pretty good and fills me up.

7. profile image47
    umme javeiahposted 6 years ago

fruits..any veggie like carrot cucumber..they r fresh and the best..than cerial bars...corn...chickpeas etc..
    while for meal..a bowl of freshly cut salad..with any dal/pulse soup for lunch.
    grilled chicken, chick and vegetable soup for dinner..

8. Suzie Parker profile image61
    Suzie Parkerposted 6 years ago

I'm on weight watchers, so I constantly have to find low calorie snacks and meals.

Here are some of my favorite low calorie snacks/meals:

* Veggie soup and a few crackers
    * Veggie sticks and salsa
    * Fruit
    * A tablespoon of nuts
    * Hard boiled eggs
    * Salads - I like to combine carrots and cauliflower or broccoli and mushrooms with lite Greek salad dressing

working