jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is a stationary exercise bike a good option for weight loss and just getting in

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

Is a stationary exercise bike a good option for weight loss and just getting in shape?

I ordered one because my treadmill had broke down and I wasn't able to afford another one so I went with the exercise bike. So my question is, is this type of exercise good for weight loss and getting in shape? I have some weight to lose but the more important of the two is getting in shape, i.e. healthier.

2. ambersagen profile image63
    ambersagenposted 7 years ago

For an average weight woman 30 minutes of vigorous biking on a stationary bike can burn around 300 or more calories. It is a very good cardio workout. Whether it is a good choice for you is determined by how much time you have and how hard you work. for people who can't get to a gym this is a very good option. My advice is that you rent or buy a cycling video to help get the most of your workout.

3. Kaniel Loughran profile image59
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. The nice part about stationary bikes is they burn a lot of calories, but are relatively low impact, so you'll save yourself from knee and ankle injuries as well.

1. jclaffee profile image78
      jclaffeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well put. Stationary bikes are utilized often simply because of their low impact on joints.

working