jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If someone has been hurt & suffered so much in the past that they've become 'emo

1. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 6 years ago

If someone has been hurt & suffered so much in the past that they've become 'emotionless' &...

completely unaffected by anything, how can they reconnect with their emotions once again 20 years on? Any methods or advice for getting back in touch with emotions would be most helpful!?

2. the50marathons17 profile image84
    the50marathons17posted 6 years ago

Set off a spark..An old hobby, an old favorite song, a repetition of a memorable childhood memory

3. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

My friend,if you would but read these scriptures they will take you where you want to go.
    I shall come forth as gold....Job 23 v 10
    I have OVERCOME THE WORLD.

....and be not faithless,....but believing.

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 6 years ago

The good news is, no one can ever become completely emotionless. The bad news is, constant pain and abuse can lead someone to bury their emotions so deep that it can be almost impossible to draw them out. About the only way is to give them plenty of time and love, and if they are ever convinced that you will not hurt them then they may begin to emerge from their shell. It can take months or years, or you may find out that it's futile to even try to earn their trust. However, if you truly care about the person, then it's worth trying or you'll always wonder if you could have succeeded.

5. NealRyder profile image54
    NealRyderposted 6 years ago

We have all been hurt emotionally and in that process of trying to protect ourselves we can repress emotional responses.  A multifaceted approach is a consideration.

Ask the person what makes them laugh, feel peaceful, or happy, or what they like to do.  Encourage them to begin the process of healing by giving themselves experiences of success.

Depending on the person's beliefs they may want to consider counseling, movement or dance, energy work, prayer, or meditation.  In my experience developing compassion was the most effective means of healing.  It began with acceptance, forgiveness and moved into compassion over time, though the steps were part of a process.

Begin with where the person is willing to go, what they are willing to do.  Ask God/Source/Creative Forces and his Angels (Raphael) for help and the ability to recognize it when it shows up.

It can be done.  Harm done to us can be healed.

working