Is it possible to lose 35lbs in 3-4 months using a stationary exercise bike?

Jump to Last Post 51-71 of 71 discussions (106 posts)
  1. Michellerdgz profile image30
    Michellerdgzposted 7 years ago

I think its possible but it will be not wise just only with exercise bike beside that you need to take care about diet. So follow some weight loss diet recipe beside exercise bike.

2. greenmind profile image96
    greenmindposted 7 years ago

35 pounds of fat contains 122,500 calories. To lose that much in three months, you would have to burn about 10,000 extra calories every week. That's not realistic or healthy, or even possible, for anyone

3. doye profile image56
    doyeposted 7 years ago

I don't think so, especially if that is all you will be doing. It is my opinion you would need to ride it for hours every day for even having a chance at making that goal. Here is why I say that, I worked out at a gym for minimum 1 - 1.5 hours a day for over a year and did not lose that much weight.

I lost the most weight when I started trail walking every day. I walk 2 -4 hours a day in the hills and I lost all of my belly fat which I could not lose in 2 years of gym exercising.  www.lose10lbsfast.com

1. joecseko profile image62
      joecsekoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wrong, spammer! I'm reporting you now, too.

4. Mark Abbott profile image61
    Mark Abbottposted 7 years ago

Absolutely, but it would be much easier if you worked on your diet at the same time. While some forms of exercise do burn more calories than others, it's still easier to just eliminate 500 calories a day from your diet than it is to burn 500. It's better to eat more smaller meals (4-6) than fewer large ones (2-3). Your body absorbs more of the nutrients you need and eliminates it more efficiently that way. It also keeps your metabolism going, rather than stalling out between large meals that are too far apart. But by all means, do as much pedaling as you can handle. The advantage of that form of exercise is that you can read, watch tv, meditate or use your smartphone at the same time. That keeps it from getting boring, which is one of the main reasons some people don't stick to certain exercise programs. Good luck to you!

5. diogenes profile image66
    diogenesposted 7 years ago

I have used a stationary bike for years but never lost weight doing so.  It has, however, done my general stamina good as well as helping with cardio  conditioning.  But it's boring and I prefer brisk walking when the British weather allows. 
    I cannot diet and am a fat 77 year old!

diogenes

6. SarahZParker profile image61
    SarahZParkerposted 7 years ago

Hello ii3rittles

Besides exercising we must add eating healthy and our frame of mind. Another factor, is this realistic? Have you set yourself up for success or failure. You are the one who can answer that.

Never give up on you. Always believe in yourself.

Sarah

7. sritmg profile image56
    sritmgposted 7 years ago

Depending on the amount of effort and time put in it's possible to lose this amount of weight in less time than 1 or 2 months. Best of luck .

That's a ridiculous statement! Your answer also has no merit based upon its ambiguity.

8. Gustavo Woltmann1 profile image58
    Gustavo Woltmann1posted 7 years ago

Yes of course! Especially if you always keep on going and work hard for that you will succeed that is for sure.

You forgot to add how unhealthy this would be. Next time you submit an answer with absolutely no substance, think about it.

9. joecseko profile image62
    joecsekoposted 7 years ago

Stress alone cannot make you overweight. You just think that you eat better than most. Most Americans have  horrible diets, so being "better" than that is irrelevant.

You could lose that weight, but as you seemingly did before, you'll put it right back on.
    Sustainable weight loss comes from a consistent modification of your lifestyle

How many months did it take you to gain that weight? More than three or four, right?

This mindset is utterly ridiculous, and very, very unhealthy.
    As a woman you risk disrupting your cycle with a caloric restriction that would allow you to lose that weight.

I work in this industry. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

10. oliviamak profile image59
    oliviamakposted 7 years ago

NutraPal Probiotics delivers good bacteria to your insides and helps restore a healthy balance to your digestive system and keeps it running smoothly. You can check out this.They are giving free trial for usa and canada . http://www.smmclub.info/nutrapalpro/

11. Susan Sears profile image88
    Susan Searsposted 7 years ago

Yes, any form of exercise along with calorie reduction will cause weight loss. I use a stationary bike throughout the winter months as my exercise and it works quite effectively in my weight management.

12. Alexander Thomas2 profile image41
    Alexander Thomas2posted 7 years ago

If you keep your diet managed and maintain the workout program, you can expect a loss of 2-4 pounds a week. Losing 35 pounds is very possible, but the amount depends on the strictness of the diet and the intensity with which you work out. You can expect an average of 2.5-3 lbs per week with sustained efforts.
    Meal One:

1 Whole Egg – 90 Calories, 6g Fat, 7g Protein, 0g Carbs

½ Cup Oatmeal – 150 Calories, 3g Fat, 5g Protein, 26g Carbs

Meal Two:

1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter – 105 Calories, 8g Fat, 4g Protein, 3g Carbs

2 Slices 100% Whole Wheat Bread – 100 Calories, 2g Fat, 5g Protein, 20g Carbs

Meal Three:

4 Oz Chicken Breast – 180 Calories, 4g Fat, 36g Protein, 0g Carbs

4 Oz Sweet Potato – 75 Calories, 0g Fat, 1g Protein, 24g Carbs

1 Cup Broccoli/Other Vegetable – 35 Calories, 0g Fat, 2g Protein, 5g Carbs
    Meal Four:

4 Oz Chicken Breast – 180 Calories, 4g Fat, 36g Protein, 0g Carbs

3/4 Cup Brown Rice – 170 Calories, 0g Fat, 4g Protein, 38g Carbs

4 Cups Spinach/Other Green – 30 Calories, 0g Fat, 5g Protein, 4g Carbs

4 Slices Avocado – 60 Calories, 4g Fat, 2g Protein, 3g Carbs

Meal Five:

4 Oz Fish/Chicken – 180 Calories, 4g Fat, 36g Protein, 0g Carbs

1/3 Cup Brown Rice – 70 Calories, 0g Fat, 2g Protein, 15g Carbs

1 Cup Steamed Vegetables/Broccoli – 35 Calories, 0g Fat, 2g Protein, 5g Carbs

Meal Six:

1 Scoop Protein Shake – 130 Calories, 2g Fat, 21g Protein, 4g Carbs

1 Banana/Piece of Fruit – 85 Calories, 0g Fat, 0g Protein, 21g Carbs

Daily Totals:

1675 Calories, 37g Fat, 168g Protein, 168g Carbs

Follow this chart will help you lose weight soon.

13. alistairjdarcy profile image59
    alistairjdarcyposted 7 years ago

Best of luck, changing one's body composition is not easy. Sounds like you've got a lot of support here. My extra piece of advice: make sure you're still eating, especially breakfast. 'Fasting' in any way, even for periods of the day, will halt your metabolism somewhat, encouraging your body to store energy in the form of fat because it assumes it won't get any more sustenance for a while (throwback to when humans were hunter/gatherers and had long periods where food wasn't available).

Small portions, frequently throughout the day.
    Make sure your exercise is a high-intensity (you should be trying to get your heart rate up to 90% of your max (google the Karvonen formula to figure that out)
    As always - watch your sugar intake! Even in foods your think are 'healthy'

Hope you reach your goals!

joecsekoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Not true! So much research has been done recently on intermittent fasting. Subjects maintained lean mass, lost bodyfat, as well as raised HGH levels.

14. Noa Keshet profile image60
    Noa Keshetposted 7 years ago

Too much stress can definitely cause you to gain weight! I think that using the stationary bike can help you lose the weight, especially if you are eating a healthy diet. However, my experience is that aerobic exercise alone is not enough. You should also consider adding some strength training, to help you retain the muscle and lose only body fat. You could try some bodyweight exercises (like squats, lunges and pushups) that won't require you to buy additional fitness equipment.

15. profile image52
    menshealthactiveposted 7 years ago

It is possible.  As long as you have a steady diet, regular exercise and consistency.  You will be able to lose weight of 1 to 5 pounds a week to 4 to 20 pounds a month.  It may not be easy but it is doable for many. 
    The number one thing to remember is to stay focus on your goal and maintain that focus so that you reach your goal.  Good luck!

https://menshealthactive.com

16. yogaburnclub profile image79
    yogaburnclubposted 7 years ago

Look at weight loss in a long-term process like a fitness journey which you must walk through.Ensure that you are fit and also healthy, you need to stick to your plans since there is no need of starting then when you quite you are back to weight gain or even worse.

Consider reading
    https://hubpages.com/health/8-Essential … Loss-Plan.

thanks, I wish you best of lack

17. Jeff Martin1 profile image78
    Jeff Martin1posted 6 years ago

Yes; this is possible, but you are going to need to be in a very large calori deficit to do so, and this may cause you to lose muscle along with the fat.

Weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories out.

I do a lot of walking to burn extra calories. Over the last couple of years, I went from 240 to my current 163.

Diet is very important as well.

18. ChadCrouch profile image53
    ChadCrouchposted 6 years ago

Losing weight can be hard work. You must burn more energy than you consume and exercise a few times on a weekly basis. A person's diet is also very important as our diets should be more balanced.

19. Facial Exercises profile image59
    Facial Exercisesposted 6 years ago

sure! you can lose weight using the stationary bike but you should motivate your self every day to practice more exercises to achieve your goal.

20. profile image49
    jada brownposted 6 years ago

yes of course this is absolutely doable rather a healthy plan to follow. you just need to be persistent on it and if you ask me I'd recommend not going to intense as it might prevent you from following plan in the long term, have you tried any supplements? please give a check to "beyond weight management tea" once. it will make you to achieve your desired weight easier and concrete

21. Dorothy Day profile image58
    Dorothy Dayposted 4 years ago

The best way to lose weight is through consuming healthy food. Of course, it is good for health in keeping the body alive by doing sports. Especially ladies gain weight during pregnancy and cannot return. I offer methods on my site that try to prevent weight gain during pregnancy.

https://www.kidschildrenshealth.com/mus … -pregnant/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)