jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How does "old" feel?

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

How does "old" feel?

I just read a question asking when I started feeling old.. I am old but I don't feel old.  I feel the same twenty years ago, wiser perhaps... but I don't feel old.   So how does "old" feel?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

Like my grandfather says, "It feels just like you do now only with more knowledge and a little less energy unless you are fortunate."

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would love to be one of those positive answers but to me old hurts.  Fibromyalgia.  So being old to me isn't quite what I had hoped it would be, although I do have a lot to be thankful for.

4. aka-dj profile image76
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

I am 56 this year.
    Is that old? I don't think it is.
    But, I feel less capable physically than I did ten years ago.
    Nothing wrong with me, except i don't feel as much stamina. My inner self is no different than at 21 though. Only wiser, I hope! LOL

5. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 6 years ago

I guess feeling old is when i reach at the age of 70. The 60´s is still has more to offer when one retires and begin to enjoy life at this stage...more time for the ones you love, travelling, meet friends and family, relaxing.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I wonder if my knees will hold together long enough for me to stand upright.

My back hurts and feels "knotted" after I sleep in my "comfort" bed.......the couch seems to straighten this out.

So what if my face is dirty at bedtime..........I go to bed because I am tired , not because I am clean.

The term " spit bath", once an emergency situtation, is now , 'good enough"........anything more is 'primping'.

After a fair day's work, the family is now expected to be thankful for my leftover energy.........maybe it applies to the evening meal, to quality time, to paying the bills, to shopping for clothing................HEY, I came home, ......didn't I?

"want to's"  are now taking second place to " have to's".

At 50, sometimes, I feel like 20 and ride my motorcylce with wild abandon just because it is a warm night or a full moon...............some days, I am just too tired to even watch TV with no thinking required.  Who needs the noise?

Though, there are stories within me, waiting to be told........I am just too tired to pen them, so I answer questions instead.

What I am today, is not what I will be tomorrow.  Some days, I feel old and tired and on other days, I am young and vital.

No one wants to feel old and tired, yet the young are eager to claim tiredness.

Let us all be just what we are.

7. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

How can you tell when you're old?  Do you know what old feels like?  Here are the top ten signs. read more

8. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

Old is subjective, i feel old and i am only in my 20's, I think 19 is the perfect age personally.