Hi.. I am suffering from PCOS. I took homoeopathic treatment and my menstual cyc

1. profile image45
    DrAnupamaposted 7 years ago

Hi.. I am suffering from PCOS. I took homoeopathic treatment and my menstual cycle is normal.

But before taking homoeopathic traetment, I took allopathic treatment and gained weight. today I am relieved of all the symptoms which I initially had but unable to reduce the weight. I cant do much of exercise as this causes dyspnoea!

2. LittleFairy profile image75
    LittleFairyposted 7 years ago

i would suggest yoga especially pranayama ( its is that branch of yoga that uses extensive breathing techniques) this would help with the weight problem, as well as dyspnoea.

3. I Am Rosa profile image90
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

The weight gain when I had PCOS was extremely depressing for me.  Nothing I did helped for years until someone introduced me to "Eat Right for Your Type" and "Cook Right for your Type".  By "type" they mean blood type.  It's not really a diet.  It just basically outlines what foods people with certain blood types can properly process so it doesn't get stored as fat or cause other problems.

For example; I'm an "O" type so red meat is beneficial to me.  I can digest it quickly and absorb the nutrients without storing it.  But, cabbage it toxic to me.  I can't digest it or absorb nutrients from it and it gives me gas.  So, red meat is in my diet, but cabbage is out.

I only have "Cook Right" and found it extremely helpful.  It lists foods by category so I know what is beneficial, what is harmful and what is neutral ... I used to take this list with me when shopping until it became second nature.  It also includes some excellent recipes, categorized by blood type.

Once I was eating this way, I found myself feeling a LOT healthier and slimming down.  My energy level went up and I started swimming because it wasn't hard on my body and was great stress relief.  I lost weight and felt much better.

Don't know if this will help for you, but thought I'd share.

working