Where can I get this scan for a As family member, where they can look for asperg

1. profile image50
    santhimaryposted 6 years ago

Where can I get this scan for a As family member, where they can look for aspergers in  brain scan?

where can I get this brain scan for AS? Which doctor or hospital knows enough about it to do this test? Please let me know. Thanks

2. akanga1 profile image86
    akanga1posted 6 years ago

I'm afraid such a scan does not exist. Asperger Syndrome is a form of autism. It means therefore this is a functional problem. There is no anatomical brain abnormality to be detected by a scan. When a child shows the telltale clinical features of possible autism (of any kind), a lot of tests including a CT or MR scan of the brain may be done as a way of EXCLUDING other conditions. In Asperger syndrome, those scans will be normal.

3. shazwellyn profile image54
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Actually, akanga is wrong.  He needs to read my hub about it.
    The tests are being done here in the UK and is pioneering in the field of asd.  If you need to know more information about this, I would suggest that you go directly to the source: the institute of psychiatry at Kings College, London.  This will be a good start.
    Remember that this is very new!

working