What are small steps to take each day to reduce stress levels?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Emily A Torres profile image61
    Emily A Torresposted 13 years ago

What are small steps to take each day to reduce stress levels?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4984601_f260.jpg

2. Tamila Roberts profile image37
    Tamila Robertsposted 13 years ago

You could try a healthy natural diet. There are many good nutrients found in tea and honey. I would advise trying those methods.

There are some methods that can help you grow taller and lose weight easily by changing your diet. I'd advise looking for the appropriate guide.

3. SubRon7 profile image59
    SubRon7posted 13 years ago

First, get out of bed, then take a breath, a deep one through the nose if you can, then get dressed, go outside, take another deep breath, and then go walking, or, running if you can. Waving at strangers can help, and greeting them, and smelling a flower, or watching the sun rise, hearing the early morning birds singing, and, if one is really lucky and living under a flyway, during the right time of year, you might hear the clattering voice of migrating sandhill cranes. I hear them most years, but they usually fly so high that I can't pick them out in the sky, and then they're gone. But the joy of at least hearing them is a stress reliever, more so if one sees them.

4. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 13 years ago

Take a nice brisk walk before you go to sleep. If you live in a run down neighborhood, I suggest taking a walk during the day. Another good idea, is a nice healthy diet.

5. DonDWest profile image70
    DonDWestposted 13 years ago

A nice warm hot bath always does the trick.

6. L.L. Woodard profile image68
    L.L. Woodardposted 13 years ago

Each day I do what I can to avoid other people's drama and negative energy. It was difficult at the start, because family and friends appreciate that I am a good listener. But I began to notice how emotionally drained I felt after these types of conversations and began setting boundaries.

7. Scott LaDoucer profile image58
    Scott LaDoucerposted 13 years ago

We all want a long term solution that works as quick as possible...
    Stress is built up energy...  Energy must be directed.
    Therefore, a releasing of it can be very easy.
    For the quick release,... breathing as mentioned by a few here is a key way.  However, what you do with your mind while you breathe in slowly through the nose and then out the mouth will help reprogram parts of your system.  In the beginning, first few breathes, say to yourself in your mind while breathing in, "I am relaxed and at peace.  Each time your breathe out say "this stress is no longer allowed in my body."  Then as you proceed focus on the "I am relaxed" thought.  While doing this focus on something pleasing to your eyes.  There is much more to share but this will help in a big way.

Each small step we take each day is dependent upon the foundation we are working from. 
    Quite simply everything begins in the Brain.  If the elements that are required in this amazing electronic switching station are not in play then we will have at best limited results in any changes we seek to implement.  When we reverse engineer how Stress happens it is easier to see how to avoid it as well as how to undo it. 
    A well rounded process is essential. Diet, supplementation, movement, affirmations, are all an important part of effecting change.  It is imperative for everyone to establish where they are.
    May you find peace!

8. Mel Jay profile image72
    Mel Jayposted 13 years ago

Hi Emily, I wrote a hub about 10 steps you can take each day for daily balance and stress reduction - "Daily Balance v Daily Balancing Act: Stress and Self-Care Habits" - I list 10 fairly small things that you can do each day to feel better.  What I find is that if I do these things each day I can cope so much better with any stress, especially work stress.  I think you have hit the nail on the head with your question - it is too hard to tackle stress by doing one big thing, far better to try to set a series of small achievable goals for each day - consistency is important and it is so much easier to be consistent if what you are doing is manageable - Good luck - Mel

9. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

Important to remove yourself from your space and get some fresh air, go for walk
    Music is therapy, listen to it constantly throughout the day
    Laugh!!! Watch a comedy.... next day press rewind then re-play... smile)

10. Rooskaya profile image47
    Rooskayaposted 13 years ago

Meditation and pranayam surely help reduce stress levels.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)