School Age Ear Infection Home Treatments

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

School Age Ear Infection Home Treatments

What are some effective organic natural home treatment methods for school aged children with an ear infection? I don't want anything to do with tylenol or IB profen. I would prefer to avoid prescription antibiotics or meds as well, and would like to know what natural antibiotics or home remedies can help clear up ear infections. Any answers? smile

2. Inspiration88 profile image80
    Inspiration88posted 6 years ago

Ear infections can become very serious, as they are too close to the brain. What are the complaints? Have culture tests of the ear puss been taken to determine the pathogen? You should do that.

If the infection is fungal, then antibiotics will not help. Do not agree to medicine before tests come out. If the ear is itchy inside, then most probably it is fungal infection. You need liquid antifungal droppers to cure it.

This requires rather urgent treatment and herbal remedies taken orally do not work that fast.

However, Myrrh is known to have strong antifungal properties and works best for problems with the upper part of the body, when taken orally. I cannot tell if it would be safe to use Myrrh oil as droppers inside the ear.

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Well, he never complained of an itchy ear. He just said it hurt, especially when he pulled on his ear. So we had him take a few extra showers over the weekend, I gave him some vitamin D and Iron and it healed itself up in 3 days....

So I don't think it was fungal... Though I was worried it might have been fungal or bacterial related cause he's in kindergarten.

It wasn't real bad even when he complained of it though, so I think we caught it in time.

Thank you for answer my question though! I'm going to write down what you said so that I can keep a look out for any fungal infections in the future. With young kids, it's good to know what they can get, lol

working