jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are our deaths already predetermined? Do we all have a 'time to go'?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image87
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

Are our deaths already predetermined?  Do we all have a 'time to go'?

Early this morning a young Marine died while crossing the street here in New York City.  This tragedy got me thinking, "this kid could have died while serving time overseas in a war torn nation, but instead died on American soil while crossing the street."  Was it as religious people say, 'his time to go?'

2. MrsHernandez profile image61
    MrsHernandezposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think every one of us have our time and we wont go before, its sad what happened to that Marine but well, God was ready for him!

3. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

I believe so, yes.  God decides when it is time for us to leave, and since He always knows everything ahead of time, that would mean our deaths are predetermined.  We are not supposed to know when though, or we would spend our time trying to "prepare" for it, rather than take risks and make the most out of the one life we have.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

nothing about our lives is predetermined. we live and die when it happens , not by some selected date or any such thing.

5. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I have the belief that we work out all the details of our lives.  We determine when we will be born and to who.  We pick the parents that we want to be born to in order to live out certain experiences that we are here to experience.  It is like a game and we pick all of the players.  Each day we live out the play that we worked on for days, or weeks, or even months in advance.  We work on every situation with unlimited possibilities depending on what decisions we make during our waking hours.  Everyone that we meet, or interact with is in on the play.  The details have all been worked out.  We even decide when and how we will die.  We do not know this in our conscious state or it would ruin the surprise and adventure of being in the physical world.  Even though some things seem to be tragic, or sad, unfair, or whatever you think, it is going the way your planned it out, just for that experience.  We are reborn over and over again to live our play in different scenery, different players, and all new experiences.  I wrote a hub based on this in the form of a poem.  It is very good if I must say so myself.  It is called "I Am My Dream Of Life".  http://allenwilliams.hubpages.com/hub/I … am-Of-Life