jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How do you deal with work related stress?

1. LVidoni5 profile image82
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with work related stress?

2. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Have a supply of chocolate in my drawer. Stress is unavoidable, we just have to cope as best as we can.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Take five slow deep breaths as needed.   B vitamins to help with stress.  And Magnesium the relaxation mineral.

4. nycgrl profile image81
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

I just remind myself that this too shall pass. Who cares what happens at work, at the end of the day when you are laying on your death bed, nobody is going to care unless you were President (even then I doubt the family's of former President's were even thinking about that).  Just let it go, take some breaths, talk a walk, and calm down enough that you let it go. Think about a happy time or someone you love instead. Then when you go home, leave the problems at work. I treat my job like what it is, a place I am forced to come to in order to get a paycheck. Nothing more nothing less. Nothing that happens here defines me or my life.

5. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

I eat my favorite food preferably chocolates and fried chicken. I also go out with friends have some drinks and party all night. Work out, working out can produce more endorphins in the body. Endorphin is a hormone that is blamed why people are happy. smile

6. simonpeter35 profile image60
    simonpeter35posted 6 years ago

There are two types of stresses.
    1. Stress about overwhelming of works in your work place. Then plan your work. Do one thing at a time and worry only about that particular thing at a time.

2. Stress because you don't like the work, but you have to work then read my hub.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-become-a … t-employee

7. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

I throw things at people. They like it and so do I

8. Courtney L J profile image69
    Courtney L Jposted 6 years ago

I have certain music that I turn to... Frank Sinatra and/or Kings of Leon (kind of different genres haha)

9. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

This is how I deal with my stress. smile

10. FitnessTom profile image62
    FitnessTomposted 6 years ago

Exercise is the #1 stress reducer.

Get a gym membership and release stress.

11. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

breath deeply ans slowly, deal with it head on. You will stress if it goes on