jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever suffered from Depression?

1. KissTheRain profile image53
    KissTheRainposted 6 years ago

Have you ever suffered from Depression?

How did you conquer it? If you haven't yet, what makes it so difficult for you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5273605_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Casey J. Wintersposted 6 years ago

Yes. I find the best thing to alleviate depression is to do nice things for other people, to forget about myself.

3. Vanessa Anderson profile image61
    Vanessa Andersonposted 6 years ago

Yes...medication has helped me.  Also, teaching myself to relax more has helped also.  My depression really affects me when I'm stressed or I have a lot on my mind, so teaching myself to relax helps, as well as the meds.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have battled with mild depression most of my life.  It comes and goes.

5. Rev. Akins profile image76
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

I have suffered from depression for about 14 years now. I have mostly dealt with it with homeopathic solutions after I was on an antidepressant where I did not feel any emotion for 18 months. Then when I came off the medicine I had no idea what to do with feelings like happy, sad, angry, etc. I now use a light box (a great way to help your brain feel better quickly), ST John's Wart (an herbal supliment that helps the bad things in life not affect you as much) and I have heard that increasing your intake of Vitamin B will also help.

6. dkanofsky profile image57
    dkanofskyposted 6 years ago

I had suffered the symptoms of depression since I was five years old, officially diagnosed with clinical depression in 1986.  By 2009 I was virtually free of all symptoms of clinical depression thanks to medication, years of therapy, coping skills, and a great support system. Fifty years in total, on and off.

7. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

I have suffered from depression since the age of 12 i am now 33 but I was diagnosed with bipolar over a year ago, but went years without any help even though i did ask for it. Im still battling with depression but i am medicated now which helps a bit. x

working