jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you do to relax when you're stressed out?

1. catsimmons profile image81
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

What do you do to relax when you're stressed out?

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I read a book, watch That 70's Show or go for a walk. The last one is accompanied with an iPod and headphones to blare music loud enough that I don't think about what's stressing me out.

3. truthfornow profile image82
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

Jigsaw puzzles de-stress me.  Takes my mind off of all my problems.

4. DreamsInBloom profile image80
    DreamsInBloomposted 6 years ago

I identify what thoughts I am having/believing that are contributing to my stress and question their validity. Sometimes upon examination I find that they aren't even true or real, other times I find that I just don't really know if they are true or not and so hanging on to the thought is just a waste of energy, and other times I recognize that while the thought is true I can also see that I am exaggerating it in my mind.  I have found that distorted or exaggerated thinking is usually most of the cause of my stress and the situation I am becomes easier to deal with when I address the thoughts first.

5. rikabothra profile image61
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

Meditation is something that always de-stresses and relaxes me. Othen than that music helps as well.

6. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

Mostly taking a bath & sleep................................

7. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

I read.  I grab a book and sit down, have a cup of coffee, and lose myself in the book.

8. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I take a Xanax.  If I don't I have the potential to eat myself out of my house.  I am such an emotional eater.  Another thing if I don't get myself relaxed, sure enough I will break out with shingles, fever blisters, a skin rash or something.  So I take a Xanax to avoid it all.

9. Wonder Referrals profile image37
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

When I am stresses and need to relax I listen to some smooth jazz and
    if the weather in Chicago permits I relax on my deck.

10. profile image0
    Charlene Marianoposted 6 years ago

I eat ice cream. It revitalizes me and gives me clear perspective. Perhaps due to its sugar content.

11. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

I either write, watch a film or listen to music one of them normally helps! x