jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What is the best relaxation technique do you use when you are under pressure or

1. thesingernurse profile image81
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

What is the best relaxation technique do you use when you are under pressure or stressed out?

2. Brightonbreezy profile image60
    Brightonbreezyposted 6 years ago

Take a deep breath and count to 10 usually works for me smile

3. rahul0324 profile image82
    rahul0324posted 6 years ago

sit down... close your eyes... and think one by one of the people you love and breathe in deep each time.... this works for me

4. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I sit and close my eyes and try to imagine myself laying on a sandy beach by the ocean and the sun is beating down on me.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Try "Self Hypnosis", that has always worked well for me.

6. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

My best relaxation technique is to close my eyes and recall the characters from my most favorite book. I go over the storyline in my head and allow myself to release my tension through them. I love vicarious living sometimes!! smile

7. DanielNeff profile image60
    DanielNeffposted 6 years ago

It depends a lot on the situation and which options are available.
    Sometimes going for a walk is the best way for me to deal with stress.
    Other times watching television or a movie helps take my mind off of whatever is bothering me.
    Any kind of physical busy work is good for burning off the nervous energy. For instance washing a sink full of dishes. This is one of my wife's stress relief avenues as well. When she gets mad at me she'll start washing dishes. I've never gotten her mad intentionally so that she will do the dishes and I won't have to do them, but I'd be lying if I said the thought never entered my mind.

8. Daniella Lopez profile image94
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

I like to bake bread. I can take out my aggression on the dough. =P

9. InfinityVal profile image74
    InfinityValposted 6 years ago

I take a deep breath or two. Then I take a break if I can - even if it's just a short walk.   And true confessions - sometimes I'll visit the snack drawer for some chocolate!

10. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

I go for a swim every day.  I know for a fact that every time no matter what mood I am in I will feel much better after a swim

11. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

When I'm feeling stressed, I like to get away from people as it's usually people causing the stress!!. If I can go for a run that works wonders as I'll come back on a high, but as that's not always possible, the other thing I'll do is put on my MP3, as I get lost in my music and I find that takes the pressure off.

12. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

Deep stomach breathing, 10 deep in, 10 slow out, this can be done anywhere at anywhere.

13. xXRaelliaXx profile image59
    xXRaelliaXxposted 6 years ago

Cleaning. That or if available a good book. I need something to keep my mind off the things stressing me out. If I'm under stress, then sitting around allowing myself time to think only makes it worse. With cleaning, I'm exerting my energy into something positive, and with reading I am exercising my brain.

14. pstraubie48 profile image84
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

when i am really stressed, i go for a brisk walk. Sounds too simple but it works for me. energy that has no place to go, now has a place to be released. i am able to rid myself of whatever worrisome thoughts are troubling me.

Now if you are in a very cold climate, maybe you can do some other kind of exercise, jumping jacks, sit ups, climb stairs...or,
    go to your happy place.
    i have a mental happy place but i also have created a 'happy place' in my own little corner of the world.
    i found a puzzle that is my concept of relaxation..it is a beautiful field filled with flowers and tall grasses with rich greens and vibrant colors in the  flowers..There is a bubbling brook that passes through it.
    i escape into that place if i am terribly stressed and cannot go for a walk.

15. hobbynob profile image79
    hobbynobposted 5 years ago

Foam roller after a great yoga workout, combined with lots of deep breathing.

http://hobbynob.hubpages.com/hub/Foam-R … le-Massage