jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you consider your life a success?

1. perfectperception profile image61
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

Do you consider your life a success?

We hear different opinions on what success is but I think its personal and various achievements can make us a success.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5446749_f260.jpg

2. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Personal success is measured by whether or not the personal goals we set are accomplished.  If we complete what we plan to do, we're successful.

3. ytsenoh profile image85
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

I think success in life can be defined on different levels and that we each have a different perspective on the subjects that compose those different levels.  If you can get out of bed every morning without help, that's a success.  I think if you reach for goals, you're striving for success no matter how big or small.  I think if you overcome life's circumstances with positive end results, that's another success.  Of course, if you can embrace a goal that is extremely viable, that's another success.  I don't think there is a short answer to this question.  At best, I think we should strive to become emotionally and financially successful leaving behind us an influence that carries on for positive reaching results.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Success comes in many ways.

As for me, my success in life is going through different stages of life.

Thinking back of what I had done and where I am now, I consider it as success. I have a nice family with kids already grown up. They are able to take care of themselves and now I am enjoying myself with my wife.

This I consider as success in life for me.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do........

My children are well read, mannered, and good and responsible citizens.   They have the courage to trust their own thinking, and the self-confidence to approach, and learn new things.

Yes, if my children are a reflection of me, and I do believe that they are..........then, yes,  I have added value to the world.   Is there more?   Is it necessary that the masses know my face or name?   My children will reach out and touch, aid, assist, guide, befriend others.   That is enough for me.   They learned these things at my knee, as I learned them from my Grandmothers.

6. plogan721 profile image82
    plogan721posted 6 years ago

Yes, I am alive.   that is being successful.   Life is full of ups and downs.

7. ShaneMorris profile image60
    ShaneMorrisposted 6 years ago

I'm still young, so I suppose that, in the eyes of others, I haven't accomplished much to say that I've led a successful life. I'm working hard to pursue my goals and desires, it's a tough journey but I try to stay optimistic through my own ways. In my honest opinion though, I think that it's the way we live our lives and treat others that defines us. I think it's important to stay focused on the more important things that we can experience in this life we lead on Earth...

8. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! My first Hub is about being Bipolar and having a successful life. I accomplished many things, I never thought would be possible.

If you learn how to cope with a mental illness, in a very satisfying way, every day is a day to be thankful for! It's an interesting road indeed. From Isolation tot success:-)

working