jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can one get too much sleep?

1. saxrunner profile image84
    saxrunnerposted 6 years ago

Can one get too much sleep?

2. joyfuldesigns profile image65
    joyfuldesignsposted 6 years ago

I believe so, ever wake up feeling hung over when you're really not?  I believe that's too much sleep.  But, that's opinion, not medical fact.

3. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Yes you can sleep too much, as a matter of fact if you sleep too much you feel tired still and it will make you lazy and your muscles stiffen.

4. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

I feel that if you have some deficiency then only you get too much sleep. For me, when ever my HB( hemoglobin) goes down I get too much sleep. Otherwise five hours sleep is enough for me.Sometimes if you take heavy meal then also you get too much sleep and sometimes if you are tired you feel sleepy.

5. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Every minute of sleep is worth it. Sleep is one of the process[es] the body replenishes itself from the hectic daily jobs.

6. Nadeeshan301 profile image75
    Nadeeshan301posted 6 years ago

Actually, there is no defined limit to say sleep is too much. Sleep is an essential process for the brain to rearrange synapses in between neurons and form memories. It is also important for registration of what we have learned in a proper order.
    In addition, the body also gets a time to repair the minor injuries which occur in day to day life. The growth and many hormonal activities occur during sleep.
    Usually it says 8 hours a sleep is enough but time can vary from person to person. Unfortunately the upper limit is not defined.