jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think makes people act selfishly ?

1. whisperingxwords profile image60
    whisperingxwordsposted 6 years ago

What do you think makes people act selfishly ?

2. HERBERT ubaldo profile image57
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

They are act selfishly because they do not want to share their blessings to others..

3. daisyf1305 profile image76
    daisyf1305posted 6 years ago

People act selfishly because they feel they have something to lose or it's not my problem. Like they make themselves excuses in order to be that way. a non-selfish person cares about themselves and others to a beautiful non-egotistical way. They feel the happiness of being able to lend a hand.
    though seeing selfless people is not an everyday thing it starts with yourself. if you help, if you lend a hand the ones that do not act accordingly to the gracious ways will look small.
    You will find yourself meeting great selfless people that love to give that smile and say nice things. Be a non-selfish individual life repays in beautiful ways. And when they are selfishly with you, pray for them be nice any way and be the kind person you know you are, for their ego's can't break yours.

4. allaboutseo profile image57
    allaboutseoposted 6 years ago

no i never think like this to makes act people selfishly...!!!!!

5. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Depends how you want to look at it. Basic instinct as humans is survival and we let this instinct take over a little too much at times resulting in selfish actions. Secondly, we're just a completely self-centered race. I know I'm guilty of it at times.

6. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

It could be greed.  People want so much more in life than what they really need.

It could be insecurity.  People feel that the future is so uncertain that they save up, worse - steal, and never share with others.

It could also be indifference.  People do not care or feel any compassion towards other people.

Unfortunately, it could also be a psychological problem. People have been deprived in the past and continue the cycle of deprivation without knowing how to stop.

7. kynthia2374 profile image66
    kynthia2374posted 6 years ago

It's usually the Ego that drives people to act selfishly.

8. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Inconsideration, insecurity, no home training, no discipline, no self respect, envy, jealousy.  A high horse disposition, false pride, inferiority complex, abuse, self righteousness.  Believing that focusing on themselves will get them all that they desire and even if or when it does, Karma has a way of taking away the essentials for true happiness.  Self centered people usually learn the hard way....go figure

9. youmeget profile image77
    youmegetposted 6 years ago

So many reasons:
    1. Because we humans are never satisfied with anything...we always want more.
    2. You can never trust anyone

Hope I've answered you.

10. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

I think a lot of it is jealousy and competitiveness. And it could be the way they were raised or may be they never had anything or had bad experiences of loaning things out. Could be many reasons, but this is what I think could be the reason.

working