jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I never crave cigarettes unless i'm drinking alcohol. Is this normal?

1. Peanutritious profile image59
    Peanutritiousposted 6 years ago

I never crave cigarettes unless i'm drinking alcohol.  Is this normal?

I consider myself a 'smoker' but never wnt one unless i'm drinking alcohol.

2. General Knowledge profile image61
    General Knowledgeposted 6 years ago

Very, very normal. Everyone knows at least one person who only smokes when they drink. I like that you're not in denial about being a smoker. Usually people that only smoke when they drink say things like "I'm not addicted". It's definitely the first step to becoming a full blown daily smoker.

A friend of mine from high-school only smoked when he drank for 12 years. He finally gave in and became an everyday smoker.

I don't want to be preachy, but it is definitely better to quit now. It won't get any easier.

3. Aceblogs profile image59
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

Well i would like to contradict here by quoting an example. One of my friends is a chain smoker , and he smokes whole day long , no matter he is drinking or not.

SO the person who is actually addicted to smoking will smoke anyhow smile which is not a good habbit anyways as it kills the internal body parts and caused huge damages

4. SD Dickens profile image85
    SD Dickensposted 6 years ago

I know someone like that...he doesn't consider himself a 'smoker' though.  This has been going on for the seven years I've known him with no sign of him becoming a regular daily smoker.

5. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

There is this long standing joke :

You know, I am not a regular smoker, but I smoke only when I drink. Again I am not a regular drinker, but I drink only on Parties. I am not a party type - but I go to parties only if my GF invites ...............

It goes like that ....Hope you get the gist.

Anybody who smokes is a smoker - whether regularly or only on occasions.