jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can we take time to exercise with our busy schedules?

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image75
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

How can we take time to exercise with our busy schedules?

2. SimpleGiftsofLove profile image81
    SimpleGiftsofLoveposted 6 years ago

Some exercises can be done around the house, vaccuming, going up and down stairs, carry a jump rope in your car, so when you have a minute you are ready.
    Pushups and situps can be done anywhere.  Park farther away and walk to your office, the store.  These all convert to calorie burn.  You do not have to go at a frantic pace, if you speed up and slow down intermittently, you will get exercise.

3. Senoritaa profile image70
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

There are many ways to go about it. Instead of taking a cab, walk to work. The miles you are used to drive to the nearby store, twalk or go on a bike. Take ten minutes out of your day to do simple exercises. If you have a desk job, stop and do some very basic stretches once in a while. Take the stairs instead of elevators.

4. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

I know: it is not simple take time to do all we want to do, but if do exercices is important for you, and I think is important for all, it should be a priority. It is sufficient, for example, sleep less than usual for two-three time per week.

5. kerlynb profile image91
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

LOL smile This was such a big issue for me.  Took me years to figure out how I can get the time to work out.

Here is what I did:

- I often exercise before or after going to work (when my mind is not yet too heavy with the thoughts of what needs to be done within the day).
    - I exercise everyday or 5x a week, no excuses accepted.
    - I am flexible with my schedule.  I can exercise for 20-30 minutes in my free time, which may or may not be before or after going to work.

6. tswilson profile image59
    tswilsonposted 6 years ago

I know many busy people who like to exercise early in the morning.

Another aspect is re-evaluating what is important in our schedules.  It varies on a case by case basis, but often times we feel we have to do things that really aren't important in the grand scheme of things.

7. musclequest profile image71
    musclequestposted 6 years ago

Well you have to prioratising,I work 12 hour shifts and still make time to go to the gym 5 days a week.It is a lifstyle.Its just as important as eating and sleeping for me .