jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does depression affect the people close to you?

1. retellect profile image74
    retellectposted 6 years ago

How does depression affect the people close to you?

2. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Your questions need to be more specific.
    In this one you need to define what type of depression you are referring to.
    Clinical depression is completely different from other types as it is an imbalance of brain chemistry and really has nothing to do with feeling sad or lost, it is almost purely physical. It is really called depression simply because the body reacts to the imbalance with things like fits of crying. But the person isn't sad or upset it is just a physical reaction.
    Chronic depression again is very different than other forms,, etc.

3. Loi-Renee profile image84
    Loi-Reneeposted 6 years ago

Many people tend to ignore depression and depressed people as much as possible (where I'm from at least). Some might try to joke about it just to get you to see your situation in a different light. A few will treat you as one would treat someone with a cold; expecting you to get over it in time.

4. GoGreenTips profile image61
    GoGreenTipsposted 6 years ago

They are often confused about what they can do, especially if it is clinical depression. they tend to believe that either they can cheer you up in a day or try to blame you. Thereby believing you should simply snap out of it. .

Because of the behavior of someone that is depressed they may tend to ignore or avoid this person which is exactly opposite of what they need.

5. vampirgirl86 profile image57
    vampirgirl86posted 6 years ago

cuz it can make them sad also, and makes them worry about u more

6. jbrock2041 profile image80
    jbrock2041posted 6 years ago

Depression sadly runs in my family so I know what it's like to see someone so depressed they cannot function. It affects everyone. The hardest thing is that you can't do much for them until they get either the medicine they need, find a way to balance the chemicals that are making them depressed or find a way to handle it in other ways. You just have to be there for support. It's hard.

working