jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Are you a morning person?

1. samanthamayer profile image72
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Are you a morning person?

I most definitely am not. If awoken "prematurely", as I like to put it, I am abnormally quiet, appear sulky, and irritable. I am just a totally different person! Anyone else similar? Completely the opposite?

2. sasanqua profile image81
    sasanquaposted 6 years ago

I'm the same. I hate mornings! Even if I've had a beautiful, relaxing night's sleep I still don't want to get out of bed in the morning. And if I haven't had a good night's sleep I'm very grumpy all day!

3. Mercia Collins profile image71
    Mercia Collinsposted 6 years ago

I hate mornings, always been a night person. I'm not grumpy, if everyone leaves me alone until i have had two cups of tea. Once I have had two cups of tea I am ready to face the world and deal with anyone.

4. ElianeLaura profile image60
    ElianeLauraposted 6 years ago

Need my 2-3 coffees to start the day... I usually get to bed around 3-4 am... And if I have to get up at 6... then I'm a zombie for at least an hour or two .. But after it everything is fine ! smile

5. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

I love mornings because it is the start of the day for me, but there are also a lot of times when I miss mornings in my days. waking up pass 12noon. For me, I think I not more of a morning person.

6. overcrok profile image81
    overcrokposted 6 years ago

The best part of going to sleep starts ironically at morning. So I hardly manage to get out of my bed. Samantha you're absolutely right, I share similar symptoms, it's like a low grade psychosis, I don't feel myself, I believe that my body-mind is a piece of sh.. and nothing else has an aim. Then after a few cup coffee I start feeling "something", if I have to work, it is generally different since social interactions wake me up, but being an owl has its deficit..

7. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

Morning person. I've been both though. I enjoy the late night because it's quiet and I can read or write or just have 'me time'. But the night is made for sleeping. I will not sleep in the day for missing out on something. Morning it is.

8. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I am a morning person.  I have no problem getting up early, as long as I get to bed at a reasonable time.  But being a morning person might not be good for your health.  Getting adquate sleep boosts your immune system.  I wonder if I get enough sleep?

9. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm both a morning person and a night person.  That's not a great thing because it involves some very short sleeping times, which can mean I'm tired either in the morning or at night (or both); which, in turn, means I'm neither much or a morning, nor a night, person on some days.  Then again, I can be great with very few hours' sleep and with being awakened when I otherwise may have done better with some more sleeping.

With enough sleep or without it, I tend to hate (and not be at my best at) the hours between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.  Somehow, those seem like hours when the afternoon has become stale (and so have I).  hmm

10. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

I'm definitely a night person.  That's when I am mentally sharpest and most creative.  It's not that I'm a grouch in the morning, I just don't like to be spoken to for a while until I fully wake up.

11. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

12. Steve LePoidevin profile image76
    Steve LePoidevinposted 6 years ago

Yes. I have a hard time ever sleeping past 6 or 7.  I would love to sleep in but it just never happens!