jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)

At what age did you feel the most fulfilled?

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

At what age did you feel the most fulfilled?

2. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

Still waiting. I'm only 34 and I'm still shaping my life into what I want it to be.

3. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

35...I finally felt like an adult with a house, a great job, a wonderful family, and a solid education. Now I'm 43 and I still fill fulfilled, satisfied, and complete! smile

4. Aley Martin profile image78
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

Definitely 50! And it only gets more fulfilling. I think I thought I knew everything in my thirties and forties, but I knew nothing. At 50+ I have found I do not care what anyone else thinks and am free to be more authentic than ever! Cannot wait to be 60!

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I had my first child at age 30, so at that point I really began to feel that I knew my place in the world.  So the 30's and early 40's while raising my kids.

6. JDove-Miller profile image79
    JDove-Millerposted 6 years ago

By 40 I had a good sense of who I was, what I wanted, and where I was headed.  I was enjoying life and finally decided to re-marry after 12 years of being divorced.
    But true fulfillment only came after retirement at 53 when I could focus on my true love, writing.

7. bloggin' momma profile image59
    bloggin' mommaposted 6 years ago

I think the time is now...40 something;)
    Major life truths that I firmly believe and FINALLY GET:
    -Now--It is the time I've learned not to sweat the small stuff
    -Now--I cannot change others opinions of me-& their opinion doesn't really matter
    -Now--Life's really not about what you have but what you give
    -Now--Today--its really all we've got..appreciate it
    -Now--There is truly NO answer to what I want to be when I grow up;I am so much           
               more than one thing
    -Now--Spiritually--I have a relationship with God;its relationship;not religion
    -Now--I love more,appreciate more,embrace more,knowing that all that I thought was important-all the superficial stuff-really isn't important at all.
    So yes...the time is now.

8. AshtonFirefly profile image79
    AshtonFireflyposted 6 years ago

I've never really felt fulfilled... hmm I'm hoping that I am gradually getting more so, as I get older, but...can only hope.

9. MobyWho profile image60
    MobyWhoposted 6 years ago

"Fulfilled" is a relative condition and I find it hard to pick a specific age. It also relates to an assortment of arenas: athletic, artistic scholastic, social, building a family, etc. Looking back, I remember achieving certain goals, but then the goals changed with age and ability. I guess the time was...oh, no! Admit it, Gail, I still have a great big hole waiting to be fulfilled.

10. Sottway profile image77
    Sottwayposted 6 years ago

Every age I am as I grow I feel more fulfilled

11. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

At every age I think I have felt fulfilled enough where one year doesn't stand out more than another or I could just be in a really good mood.

12. hgiel profile image58
    hgielposted 6 years ago

23 was a good year for me...Any age out of an institution is a good one to me.

13. TwoCooks profile image57
    TwoCooksposted 6 years ago

I am only 25 but i would like to say that this year, at 25, I feel the most fulfilled. I believe I was lost in some ways when I was younger but at 24 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. I realized how important, I believe one of the most important, the job of motherhood is. I felt so happy and content with life and now at 25, I am married and the mother of a wonderful baby. Somedays I sit (when I have time) and think about how happy I am to be at home raising my baby and taking care of our family. This is all I'll ever want!

14. Deborah Brooks profile image79
    Deborah Brooksposted 6 years ago

In My early twenties I lost three children. I was not fulfilled.. by age thirty I finally had what I wanted two little baby boys..  I believed having my boys fulfilled me. I am now age 60.. and I am loving life.  but I still have a lot to learn.

15. natures47friend profile image70
    natures47friendposted 6 years ago

When I had finished uni, travelled to Ozzie and was away from NZ politics and nagging!

16. ePetNation profile image76
    ePetNationposted 6 years ago

I believe that when I bought my house at age 36 and things were going fairly well, not great mind yu, but well.  That is when I realized I was most fulfilled.  I was sitting in my living room on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon.   I was looking around at my house.  I had my pets around me.  Life sunk in at that moment.  I realized that I had what I had most dreamed about as a child.  I had a beautiful modest home in a great growing neighborhood. I had a great job and was living comfortably.  I had several great neighbors /friends.  I was living my dream.  I was 36.

17. Vesna Pavlovic profile image57
    Vesna Pavlovicposted 6 years ago

When I gave birth to children.
    I gave birth to a son 27 and daughter at 30.
    In that period I felt somehow filled with, because I became a mother and I am self-inflicted a new task for life.
    I never before or after I felt so fulfilled when I Kado as a winner out of the hospital with their babies.
    It's a wonderful feeling.

18. giopski profile image63
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

I think the answer is very relative depending on your goals in life.  When one achieves his/her goals then he/she becomes fulfilled.

19. profile image0
    V Qisyaposted 6 years ago

In the 30s maybe. Once settle with kids ;D

20. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

I am fifty two and I feel this the most fulfilling part of my life. I watch with pride my daughter going up in ladder of success in her job and what more can a parent want.