jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you say to someone, who said

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

What do you say to someone, who said

"I forgot to brush my teeth this morning...?

2. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

My daughter twelve year old friend  said those words to her this morning, my daughter told me Mommy how do I reply to a question like that without  being nasty to her. How does a person forget to brush his or her teeth before leaving the house?

3. Steve Orion profile image76
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

To avoid awkwardness, run away screaming.

4. Alexander Pease profile image61
    Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago

Perhaps it is more polite to ignore such a thing, because not all people are as fortunate to have such amentities provided for them. There are some that may not have toothpaste... etc. This is a great way to teach charity and humility in small children; by showing what others may not have.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would open my purse and offer them an Altoid mint.

6. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Being a dental hygiene student, I might explain to them, nicely, the benefits of not missing a brushing.  I really can't help myself.

7. jbrock2041 profile image80
    jbrock2041posted 6 years ago

Really, everyone is telling me that they've never left the house without brushing their teeth? I'm not saying it happens a lot, or even a often but there have been a few mornings in my life when this I have unfortunately ran out of time. But I don't typically share this information with others. If someone mentions it to me, then kindly offer some gum.

8. Ben716 profile image89
    Ben716posted 6 years ago

I would reply, "Make sure you never forget again." People do forget and it is good to answer in a nicely manner. Maybe he was in a hurry.

9. Gloshei profile image60
    Glosheiposted 6 years ago

Without making a person feel awkward tell a little 'white lie' and say I did that once it happens. It won`t solve the problem but at least they won`t feel so bad about it.

10. Bella Nina profile image73
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say anything.  I would however be thinking "gross".

11. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

keepthis tidbit to yourself..................you have no right to involve me

working