jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Sometimes I have no question to ask - why?

1. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I have no question to ask - why?

Sometimes my brain just stops and those questions that usually tick away in the back of my mind just stop. I do suffer from epilepsy - but that often???

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image86
    Philanthropy2012posted 6 years ago

Well the fact that you managed to ask this question shows me it's not a big problem :L

Sometimes we just blank, perhaps you're tired, low on blood-sugar levels, stressed.

The interesting thing about creativity, and so the questions you might be referring to, is that they usually come in idle thought, when we are relaxed and not actively thinking about them.

It's hard to remember something by actively forcing yourself to remember it, in fact, studies have shown that stressing over remembering something is the first step in forgetting it. They suggest to forget about the thing you're trying to remember, and if you really knew it, it will come to you passively later.

People around me always say "forget it, it'll come later" and it does haha.

Hope this helps, good question smile

3. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 6 years ago

Because sometimes, people need their lives to stay in still.

4. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Maybe it's not that you don't have any, just that you don't feel like it's interesting
    enough for folks to answer.  Dig deeper my friend and ask something personal.
    People relate to these things more. 
    Who cares if you need a new toaster and which one should you buy.  I find these quite boring and not really worthy of an answer. 
    Ask people if they tripped in front of somebody, had a wardrobe malfunction, dented the old man's car without telling or something like that.
      Happy questions and Happy Holidays!

5. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

A common symptom of epilepsy is called an absence. To the outside world you are mearly staring at a near or sometimes distant object or feature, whilst inside you are experiencing nothing. No time loss, no uncomfortable feeling whilst staying in the same position, you don't even realise your doing it. This is a normal symptom, although your medication should prevent this from happenening so much. Maybe you should see your doctor, have your meds revised.
    Dont worry so much, this is one of the main reasons why us epileptics cannot usually drive. When the absences and seziures are gone, we get our licences back.

hope it helps

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Rest is what you need. Our brains are practically working 24 hours unless you are in deep sleep without dreams.

So, we do need to STOP and rest.

This may due to age as we grow older, we require more frequent rest time. It is quite easily to 'blank off' and seems like nothing coming out but it is there and what we need is a good rest. It will come back again.

It happens to me when I overload myself on daily routine.

7. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 6 years ago

It is a sign of Inertatia, the floating of two bricks between a two destinies, one will be, the other is not sure. A that moment the cosmos takes over, Inertatia.

8. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

That is normal I think and happens to all of us one time or the other. It's best not to think too much about it. The questions will start popping out.

9. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone, it probably is the complex partial seizures but it's not always that obvious. Good point for research though.

Hope you all had a good Christmas!!!