Sometimes I have no question to ask - why?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 12 years ago

Sometimes I have no question to ask - why?

Sometimes my brain just stops and those questions that usually tick away in the back of my mind just stop. I do suffer from epilepsy - but that often???

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5927981_f260.jpg

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image83
    Philanthropy2012posted 12 years ago

Well the fact that you managed to ask this question shows me it's not a big problem :L

Sometimes we just blank, perhaps you're tired, low on blood-sugar levels, stressed.

The interesting thing about creativity, and so the questions you might be referring to, is that they usually come in idle thought, when we are relaxed and not actively thinking about them.

It's hard to remember something by actively forcing yourself to remember it, in fact, studies have shown that stressing over remembering something is the first step in forgetting it. They suggest to forget about the thing you're trying to remember, and if you really knew it, it will come to you passively later.

People around me always say "forget it, it'll come later" and it does haha.

Hope this helps, good question smile

3. Hui (蕙) profile image59
    Hui (蕙)posted 12 years ago

Because sometimes, people need their lives to stay in still.

4. rutley profile image63
    rutleyposted 12 years ago

Maybe it's not that you don't have any, just that you don't feel like it's interesting
    enough for folks to answer.  Dig deeper my friend and ask something personal.
    People relate to these things more. 
    Who cares if you need a new toaster and which one should you buy.  I find these quite boring and not really worthy of an answer. 
    Ask people if they tripped in front of somebody, had a wardrobe malfunction, dented the old man's car without telling or something like that.
      Happy questions and Happy Holidays!

5. dadibobs profile image59
    dadibobsposted 12 years ago

A common symptom of epilepsy is called an absence. To the outside world you are mearly staring at a near or sometimes distant object or feature, whilst inside you are experiencing nothing. No time loss, no uncomfortable feeling whilst staying in the same position, you don't even realise your doing it. This is a normal symptom, although your medication should prevent this from happenening so much. Maybe you should see your doctor, have your meds revised.
    Dont worry so much, this is one of the main reasons why us epileptics cannot usually drive. When the absences and seziures are gone, we get our licences back.

hope it helps

dadibobs

6. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Rest is what you need. Our brains are practically working 24 hours unless you are in deep sleep without dreams.

So, we do need to STOP and rest.

This may due to age as we grow older, we require more frequent rest time. It is quite easily to 'blank off' and seems like nothing coming out but it is there and what we need is a good rest. It will come back again.

It happens to me when I overload myself on daily routine.

7. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 12 years ago

It is a sign of Inertatia, the floating of two bricks between a two destinies, one will be, the other is not sure. A that moment the cosmos takes over, Inertatia.

8. rajan jolly profile image94
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

That is normal I think and happens to all of us one time or the other. It's best not to think too much about it. The questions will start popping out.

9. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 12 years ago

Thanks everyone, it probably is the complex partial seizures but it's not always that obvious. Good point for research though.

Hope you all had a good Christmas!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)