With sufficient determination can a person achieve whatever they want in life?

1. Africanus profile image60
    Africanusposted 6 years ago

With sufficient determination can a person achieve whatever they want in life?

2. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Hello Africanus, I would say yes they can.

If they apply themselves to achieving a goal they can given determination succeed. There are limitations to this though, one cannot achieve some goals by determination alone, many things require talent and realistic goals. For instance at fifty years old I am not going to win an Olympic Gold in the 100m sprint. But at 49 I did gain a BA degree even though at school when I was younger my teachers said I would not achieve a University degree.

So to achieve a particular goal does take a deal of realistic expectation.

3. jdpowerman profile image60
    jdpowermanposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, determination by itself is not sufficient to achieve every goal in life.  There are so many variables to consider, especially for goals that are lofty and require great efforts.  Some of those variables will be under the control of the person attempting the goal, but many of them will be out of that person's control.  Much of a person's success in life can be attributed to the effort they put into it, but much of it can also be attributed to circumstances, timing, and pure luck.

working