Allah is Sufficient as a Witness!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Ahmad Usman profile image68
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

[I want to share this beautiful story of trust and belief b/w the creator and his creation.]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "An Israeli man asked another Israeli to lend him one thousand Dinars. The second man required witnesses. The former replied, 'Allah is sufficient as a witness.' The second said, 'I want a surety.' The former replied, 'Allah is sufficient as a surety.' The second said, 'You are right,' and lent him the money for a certain period. The debtor went across the sea. When he finished his job, he searched for a conveyance so that he might reach in time for the repayment of the debt, but he could not find any. So, he took a piece of wood and made a hole in it, inserted in it one thousand Dinars and a letter to the lender and then closed (i.e. sealed) the hole tightly. He took the piece of wood to the sea and said. 'O Allah! You know well that I took a loan of one thousand Dinars from so-and-so. He demanded a surety from me but I told him that Allah's Guarantee was sufficient and he accepted Your guarantee. He then asked for a witness and I told him that Allah was sufficient as a Witness, and he accepted You as a Witness. No doubt, I tried hard to find a conveyance so that I could pay his money but could not find, so I hand over this money to You.' Saying that, he threw the piece of wood into the sea till it went out far into it, and then he went away. Meanwhile he started searching for a conveyance in order to reach the creditor's country.

One day the lender came out of his house to see whether a ship had arrived bringing his money, and all of a sudden he saw the piece of wood in which his money had been deposited. He took it home to use for fire. When he sawed it, he found his money and the letter inside it. Shortly after that, the debtor came bringing one thousand Dinars to him and said, 'By Allah, I had been trying hard to get a boat so that I could bring you your money, but failed to get one before the one I have come by.' The lender asked, 'Have you sent something to me?' The debtor replied, 'I have told you I could not get a boat other than the one I have come by.' The lender said, 'Allah has delivered on your behalf the money you sent in the piece of wood. So, you may keep your one thousand Dinars and depart guided on the right path.'"

Sahih Bukhari (Volume 3, Book 37, Number 488h)

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a cute little story, but good luck getting anyone around here to agree  it is anything but that.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well this is not first in its kind of stories...most faiths have pretty similar stories...only difference is here allah comes...in others , other comes...shows to show how similar faiths work...irrespective of name using which super being is referred...

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed that too, in many ways.

2. Ahmad Usman profile image68
          Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well whatever you say whether Eloh-im in Hebrew, Alah in Aramaic, Allah in Arabic, God in english etc etc but God is ONE and only ONE.

The creator of everything in the universe, in heavens and on earth, created TIME and SPACE , is never born nor dies, never sleeps nor rests nor gets tired, neither eats nor drinks, neither begets nor is He begotten, is beyond human perception or imagination. Is all merciful and all powerful and JUST, is everlasting and LIVING cannot be compelled to do anything. All knowledge belongs to Him and we cannot snatch anything out of His knowledge so whatever knowledge we have is FREELY Given by Him. He has full control over whatever He created and nothing ever goes out of His control.

"Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the Night and the Day; in the sailing of the ships through the Ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds and the obedience of the clouds between the sky and the earth, (here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise." (Quran 2:164)

The God of all Prophets and messengers from Adam, Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud (Heber), Saleh (Shelah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Lut (Lot), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Shoaib (Jethro), Musa (Moses), Harun (Aaron), Dawood (David), Suleyman (Solomon), Ayub (Job), Ilyas (Elias), Zulkifl (Ezekiel), Al-Yasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Zakariya (Zechariah), Yahya (John the Baptist), Isa (Jesus) and to the last and final messenger Muhammad (PEACE be UPON ALL of THEM).

"We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do We reward those who do good: And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous: And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all We gave favour above the nations." (Quran 6:85)

"Lo (Muhammad)! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as We imparted unto David the Psalms." (Quran 4:163)

Whatever, remember whatever prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said or did, had a WISDOM behind it. Even the littles or the MINOR acts of Prophet (PBUH) like how he used to spoke, how he used to eat & drink, how he used to sleep & wake, how he used to walk & sit, how he used to wear clothes and clean himself, how he used to enter Mosque, home, toilet, how he used to pray, how he used to treat elders, minors, men, women etc etc everything had wisdom.

"And We have not sent thee (O Muhammad) save as a bringer of good tidings and a warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not." (Quran 34:28)

One of the great Islamic scholars Allama Shams Tabrezi didn't even ate APPLE throughout his life becuase he didn't know how Prophet (PBUH) eaten it.

1. pisean282311 profile image63

One of the great Islamic scholars Allama Shams Tabrezi didn't even ate APPLE throughout his life becuase he didn't know how Prophet (PBUH) eaten it.

Well this is not faith it is blind faith ..by that logic muslims can't use internet , cars , shampoos , sandwitch and many many other things which muhammad never knew how to use , since those things didn't exist during those times...that is not purpose of religion and considering how intelligent muhammad was , i dont think muhammad would have been happy with some one not eating apple for reasons stated...

Well whatever you call it, we follow it without questioning anything in it bcoz we FIRMLY believe its the TRUTH from One Almighty God, the CREATOR.

Again ENTIRELY you missed my point. I gave example just to let you know that how strong was the faith of the earlier people as they knew that there is WISDOM in everything Prophet (PBUH) did.

BUT it doesn't mean that the modern day things which are available to us, are PROHIBITED or that we shouldn't get benefit from those things just because they were not PRESENT 1400 years ago.

E.g Science and equipments like Cameras, microscopes, telescopes, were not present 1400 years ago but invented 100 or 200 years back, now it doesn't mean that its FORBIDDEN just because it was not present at the time of Prophet (PBUH). We can use these equipments and find out about this VAST universe and everything in it and then we can compare the scientific discoveries with the relevant verses of the Quran to see whether its compatible or not.

1. qwark profile image60
                qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahmad:
                "...FIRMLY believe its the TRUTH from One Almighty God, the CREATOR."
                What do you base this "firm belief" on other than it being an opinion based 100% on "hope?"
                I think you may not understand the absolute definition of the word "truth."
                Qwark

"Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators"?

"Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief."

"Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them, or are they the managers (of affairs)"?

"Or have they a ladder, by which they can (climb up to heaven and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such a) listener of theirs produce a manifest proof."
                  (Quran 52:35-38)

Unlike the Athiests who base their belief on "mere conjecture & hope" that there is no God, we base our "FIRM BELIEF" on the Glorious Quran, a miraculous book, a book of SIGNS for those who are wise.

Accurate scientific facts ALONE in this Glorious book, without doubt, proves that:

1) Muhammad, an unlearned man, is indeed the messenger of God.

2) Quran is the Divine book revealed to Muhammad.

3) God Almighty exist. 

http://www.scienceislam.com/scientists_quran.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Vs2z5S … re=related

Among His Signs in this, that He created you from dust; and then, behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)!

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect. 

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are signs for those who hearken. 

And among His Signs, He shows you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise.

And among His Signs is this, that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.
                  (Quran 30:20-25)

1. qwark profile image60

Ahmad:
                    Pls try again. You did not answer my question.
                    Read my question with understanding and try, this time, to answer it: ( I don't think you can.)

"...FIRMLY believe its the TRUTH from One Almighty God, the CREATOR."
                    What do you base this "firm belief" on other than it being an opinion based 100% on "hope?"
                    I think you may not understand the absolute definition of the word "truth."
                    Qwark

2. pisean282311 profile image63

following without questioning is not what makes thinking human ...questioning everything before following is right way...ofcourse this is my humble opinion ...

1. qwark profile image60

...and your way is the right way pisean!
                  He has no answer but to copy and paste...idiocy!
                  Qwark

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That brings to mind. Your word is your worth, your worth is your word.

Very beautiful story thanks!

pennyofheaven

Thanks for the KIND words. Peace

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I don't seem to understand the moral of the story.  The borrower seems to have entrusted his 1000 dinars to Allah to deliver, but realizing that Allah is not be trusted also delivered it himself as soon as he could.

While his honesty is certainly to be commended as a good example, he seems to understand and accept that trust in the goodness of a supreme being is no substitute for fulfilling his duties himself.  He cannot depend on Allah to do it or even to help out.

While that may be true, it would not seem to be the intended point?

TRUST in one Almighty Creator.

Seems you haven't read it carefully. Its about the TIME which lender asked him to return the amout BUT since there were no means of transport to reach the lender's country to repay the amount on TIME, so he (borrower) trusted Allah by wraping the 1000 dinars in a piece of wood and threw it in the sea.

Later (many many years after), when he went to lender's country, perhaps he might have forgot that he delivered money wraped in a piece of wood. So he wanted to give the lender his money and apologized for not giving it on time BUT lender didn't lie and said that i received the money and Allah has paid on your behalf. So both of them trusted God and Allah trusted them.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes - perhaps he forgot that he had repaid the debt of 1000 dinars.

2. profile image0
        Multimanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a saying, when Muhammad told a camel hearder to trust in God, so the the next morning the Cmel hearder came to Muhammad Peace be upon him, and said, I trusted in God, but all my camels have disappeared into the desert.  Then His Holiness Muhammad said, trust in God but tie your camel.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Haha makes sense to me!

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I'd generally prefer a bankers draft.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simple gold is good too...

4. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Is hubpages preaching place for you ? I wish moderators delete such religious preaching spam. People like you, paar are here only to preach and nothing positive to contribute to writers community.

Huh, do you call this preaching? That was just a small story  smile

Don't get mad plz.

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) It is preaching.
        2) You only copied it from some source and pasted it on forums with some crayon colors.
        3) It is adding no real value because all you guys are doing is copy-pasting.

So?

So you're spamming sweetie. Now that i got confirmation from you about your copy-pasted spam. I can safely report it to moderators.

SURE. and give them PROOFS that i copied from this or that source.

OK?  smile

lol

Sahih Bukhari (Volume 3, Book 37, Number 488h)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … er+488h%29

Well done for searching sweeto! by the way that was not the SOURCE smile

I have 2 books. Translation of the Quran and Hadiths. I learn the Islamic issues from these books.

You are FREE to report and although you have FALSELY ACCUSED me for spamming, i am not going to report you. Thank you for giving your leisure time and wasting my precious time. ENJOY!

Are you saying that hadith is not copy pasted on the internet by people like you ? I posted that link to show you that your source of copied content is from translation that is available on various places on web. That means you also copied it sweetie. wink

Islam allows liars ? why not post the link from where you copied hadith's content for the first post ? Obviously you didn't typed this whole on your own and the first post is indeed copy-pasted content.

ROFL. lol why don't you try to report huh ? smile

Preacher who is posting garbage copy pasted content on this site has any precious time to begin with ? wink

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

How do you think it is not a positive contribution?  It illustrates a man with integrity as well as the faith Ahmad is pointing to. If that is not a positive thing perhaps my idea of positive is different to yours.

Plagiarism is positive contribution to you but not me. These trolls are basically preaching same rehash stuff by copy pasting from other sites and this in turn increases junk here. Nobody objects on original content with some point of view.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

I wasn't referring to the plagiarism you seem intent on proving. I was referring to the overall message. The meaning of the piece that is useful in day to day life. Integrity is a positive contribution.

5. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

This is a great story and probably the true one.
    I would accept God as witness at any time

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)