jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In What Ways Are You a Hero/Heroine?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

In What Ways Are You a Hero/Heroine?

What kinds of things have you done in your life that were heroic?

2. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I don't think I've ever done anything that would be considered heroic but I've done things that I think anyone else would have done in the same situation, ie: rescueing my cousin from a pool and helping an old woman who had fallen on the side of a busy street. I've done a lot of things in my day to day life that called for courage and determination and I have an extremely strong survival instinct. Am I a hero because I raised my son alone? maybe in his eyes...but it was my responsibility....
    I'm extremely empathetic and often lend my ear to anyone who needs to talk, so maybe in their eyes I have somehow helped them....
    so I guess there's a lot of things that I've done that might be considered heroic..but not by me smile
    thanks for asking, you gave me reason to think about what I've done in my life!

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Aw! You are totally a hero! I know people who haven't done half of those things, and yet your modest to.

Courage, modesty, compassion, empathy, responsibility, loyalty, morals - these are all the makings of a hero if ya ask me... smile

4. cherylone profile image94
    cheryloneposted 6 years ago

I guess I am a hero to my three kids that I raised alone, though I don't think it was all that heroic, I help people whenever I can because that is the way we should be so I don't think that makes me a hero either.  I guess I'm just your plain ordinary mother/grandmother who does her best and sometimes does a good job.

5. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

'Keeping my head above the water' battling long lasting serious illness, surviving in my teaching profession without loosing enthusiasm and energy to continue another year and another year.... and raising my three kids to be my everyday 'heroes'.

working