jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are all green colored vegetables good for health?

1. anujagarwal profile image63
    anujagarwalposted 6 years ago

Are all green colored vegetables good for health?

Are all green colored vegetables good for health or there are only few green vegetables which are considered as healthy and nutritious.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image90
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 6 years ago

Well, most are. But I wouldn't eat rhubarb leaves on a bet.

3. savingkathy profile image93
    savingkathyposted 6 years ago

I think all green vegetables offer some health benefits and nutrition, although some definitely have more nutritional benefits than others. The only green vegetable I can think of that is nutritionally deficient is iceberg letter, which does not contain many nutrients. Generally, the darker green a vegetable is, the more healthy it is for you.
    Broccoli is a good source of Vitamins A & C, fibre, lutein, beta carotene, folic acid and calcium.
    Romaine lettuce is a source of fiber, Vitamins A, B1,B2 and C and folic acid.
    Spinach is a good source of iron, Vitamins A, C and K, fiber, lutein, calcium, folic acid.
    Kale provides iron, calcium, Vitamin K and folic acid.
    Brussel sprouts are good for Vitamins A and C, calcium, fiber, folic acid and potassium.
    Green peas provide folic acid, Vitamins A, C and K and B complex vitamins.
    Green beans contain fiber, protein, folic acid iron, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium.
    Celery provides fiber, and some vitamins A, C, B6 and K.

4. urmilashukla23 profile image83
    urmilashukla23posted 6 years ago

Almost all darker colored vegetables are good for health like spinach, broccoli, kale,chard,green beans, beat leaves, cilantro, mint etc.

5. Nancy B. profile image71
    Nancy B.posted 6 years ago

Hmmm, that's a pretty broad question. The broad answer is....Yes.

Specific answers can deal your individual health needs. When I go in to donate blood I eat a lot of dark green leafy vegetables for the iron like spinach.

When I feel a cold coming on I eat bell peppers for the vitamin C.

And I always eat onions 'cause of the anti-oxidants.

There are lots of sites that provide nutritional information on different vegetables. I also recommend reading 'Eat Right for Your Type' as a dietary reference.

6. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

raw and fresh all green veggies are healthy yes.  Some are less nutritious when canned for long periods or overcooked - but in a general sense yes green vegetables are all healthy for you in one way or another.

working