jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a better way to spend our time and money than on the Superbowl?

1. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Is there a better way to spend our time and money than on the Superbowl?

As a result of the "labor" dispute between the owners and the players earlier in the year, I placed the NFL under a personal sanction. For a number of reasons I didn't buy products, tickets or clothing, nor did I watch a single game, inclduing the Superbowl.
    After 50 + years as a hardcore fan, it was just a personal decision to prioritize my time and resources. I worked out well for me. How about you?

2. SallyTX profile image83
    SallyTXposted 6 years ago

I think just about anything you choose to do and/or spend your money on would be a better choice than the Super Bowl! ;D

3. Curiad profile image79
    Curiadposted 6 years ago

I spent my day writing two hubs and creating a new piece of artwork. Yes I think this was much better than the Superbowl.

4. Author Cheryl profile image88
    Author Cherylposted 6 years ago

I think that sports is over rated and over paid and there are many others deseving of that money.  I will not patron sports teams and be involved in all the hoopla when I know every single night some child is going to bed hungry while they waller in their money, run women, do drugs, and get locked up more than Hollywood people.  Its just not right to get paid such a large amount of money for a sport.

5. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6133774_f260.jpg

I guess there is a better way but only if you do not like football. LOL

6. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Like you, I've been a fan for years....not hardcore enough to spend money on things....or purchase the high price tickets.  For one thing we just didn't have the extra money while raising a family.  A few years back a group of family and friends got together to watch a game on TV... I, at one point, sat back and watched how everyone was talking to each other and I just didn't like it.  Then, recently, a new report told how a fan of one team hurt a fan of another team because??????  That is when I made a decision that the "game" was no longer a game to a very many people.  Many of the fans who are argueing over the game can't take care of their children and these players are making a really lot of money..what is the point.  And, of course, the labor dispute didn't have me going "yea".

No, I did several things yesterday but watching the game was not one of them.

I do wish we could enjoy things without wanting to hurt one another.

7. skinsman82000 profile image81
    skinsman82000posted 6 years ago

I used to be all-in on the Super Bowl, 100%.  But as I've gotten a little older, I've realized that being too much into it is more than a little crazy.  I don't go around wearing Pepsi and Coca-Cola jerseys around and start fights if you don't like the brand I do.  It's just a corporation vs. another corporation.

8. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

Here in England, the BBC broadcast the game live, but because of the time difference it started at something like 11:30 pm, so don't think many stopped up to watch the game. I've tried to watch it in the past, but I can't get into it. I'll always be more of a NBA fan. Yesterday, I wrote up a draft to an article that I'm going to publish in the next few days.

working