jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do when the image you have of yourself doesn't match your actions?

1. Born2care2001 profile image76
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

What do you do when the image you have of yourself doesn't match your actions?

Often we see ourselves one way, but we act in ways that do not support that image. If neglected, the difference between the two can lead us astray. So, what do you do?

2. Tamilarasan123 profile image38
    Tamilarasan123posted 6 years ago

If my image is not match with my action means i am a blessed one...

Imagine a handicap that he drives a two wheeler its not a problem it shows the confident level of the handicap....

3. Buffoon profile image73
    Buffoonposted 6 years ago

You're describing a hypocrite, my man! :-)   

If we see ourselves one way but we act the opposite, then we are a bunch of hypocrites :-)

And hypocrites come in many shapes and forms, but in my opinion there are two big classes: The one that lacks guts to stand up for what they think is right; and the one that adjusts to status quo for fear of the repercussions of going against the grain. Oh, now that I think of it... it's all one and the same kind! HAHA!

What do you do, in this instance? Grow a pair, that's what! smile

4. grinnin1 profile image80
    grinnin1posted 6 years ago

At some point I think you have to come to terms with all of the whole . This is how we grow and we can come out for the better or for the worse depending on how we deal with it. When we open our eyes, instead of trying not to look at the things we don't want to acknowledge, we see ourselves clearly and it is only then that we can decide how to proceed. As humans we aren't one dimensional. We have the potential to do good and evil, to be kind and hateful, selfish and selfless. The image we have of ourselves is just that, an image. It means nothing. Our lives, the choices we make, and what we do with our lives after we make certain choices is what means something.  Do we get down on our knees and ask for forgiveness and move forward  to a new, better and more self actualized place?
    Do we decide we want to be someone different than who we thought and make the necessary changes? Do we stay paralized where we are in between who we thought we were and who we actually are ?
    What you do is up to you. It's your life, there is a lesson somewhere here that has presented itself and we either grow from it or shrivel up.

working