jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What to do for sudden heavy period flow while traveling?

1. Purple Perl profile image57
    Purple Perlposted 6 years ago

What to do for sudden heavy period flow while traveling?

While traveling, you suddenly discover you have to keep changing often, what is the quick and effective remedy to choose?

2. Trsmd profile image59
    Trsmdposted 6 years ago

I think this question can be better answered by the female hubbers, who can share their experience based on your question or faced in such situation.

3. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

That is really hard. if you have that problem and you really need to travel, you might consider wearing those pampers for adults to be sure.  Take with you extra clothing just in case you need to change. Get something to cover your car seat and be aware during heavy flows on how you sit down. Take the chance to change in stop overs.
    I hope that can help.

4. shimmering Dawn profile image71
    shimmering Dawnposted 6 years ago

I have been through this lately and God was it embarrassing with two boys, but my husband is a gem, he ensures that I have all the privacy possible. Adult diapers help and so does having a nice thick dark cotton cloth on the car seat. I usually keep sipping water in  which I add a squeeze of lemon and salt to keep me from dehydrating... and getting too tired, I tend too if the flow is heavy and the day is hot. Every chance I get to change I grab it with both hands... keeps me comfortable and less irritable. You really need to see your gynecologist if this problem is new to you... there could be other underlying causes.. take care. Have a blessed day!

working