jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you have sleep disorders?

1. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Do you have sleep disorders?

Have you always had them or did you develop them?  How do you deal with them?

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

Hi Susan...

Is extreme night owl-isms considered a sleep disorder?  If so, I have always had it.  I also like to nap to make up for it.  In terms of dealing with it...like my finances...I kind of ignore them except when I'm embracing them.

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I seem to not be able to sleep as well as the rest of my family. Usually, I just try and render the sleeping pattern out until it works with my work and school times.

4. Writer David profile image79
    Writer Davidposted 6 years ago

I have sleep apnea.  It is something you develop as you age.  I was first diagnosed 10 years ago.  I never got enough sleep, always tired, lethargic, and would sometimes drift off to sleep while driving.  I had to get help.  Now, since being diagnosed, I use a CPAP which allows me to continually breath as i sleep.  Sleep apnea can be deadly if not treated.  This condition usually occurs in people 50+.  But, I have met patients who are as young as 22 years old.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have sleep apnea.  I was falling asleep several times during the day, just sitting at my desk.  Also I had a lot of times at night where I would wake up almost in a panic attack for no reason.

Was diagnosed with sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine. I was told I would sleep better, life would be brighter - and I do sleep better, and never wake up panicked anymore from lack of oxygen - but the darn mask is so uncomfortable I wake up several times a night anyway now.

6. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

yes, my sleep disorder is my husband because he can't sleep and keeps waking me up! lol

7. urmilashukla23 profile image78
    urmilashukla23posted 6 years ago

Yes, my sleep apnea is due to medications and husband`s snoring habit.  I take melatonin 6 mg, everyday. It does help me a lot.

8. Bradysmom profile image58
    Bradysmomposted 6 years ago

I had severe sleep apnea. Not sleeping was ruining my life over the past few years, I was taking 2-3 naps during the day just to get through and I got up every morning feeling like I had a hangover. Last spring I underwent jaw surgery; they broke my jaw and moved it forward 14mm in order to open up my airway. I had tried cpap for months and it never worked for me. The surgery had a long healing time and it was hard to get through, but it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I sleep like a baby now for 7-8 hours a night and have stopped needing naps during the day. Surgery is a drastic solution but is well worth it for a lot of us.