jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What natural remedies help overcome depression?

1. unvrso profile image89
    unvrsoposted 6 years ago

What natural remedies help overcome depression?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6245395_f260.jpg

2. Juliek958 profile image60
    Juliek958posted 6 years ago

I have heard that taking extra b-complex vitamins helps.  I have a friend that suffers from depression and can't always afford medication.  She has tried St. John's Wort and that did nothing for her.  In her case, the fact that her family understands it is a huge help.  I do what I can as far as a distraction and comic relief.  I try and get her out of the house and doing something even if it's just going for a coffee.  I think the best thing for someone is to actually have a friend or a family member that you can tell you are depressed to.  Someone who gets it and knows when it's time to leave you alone and when it's time to show up at your house with pizza and a movie.  Different things work for different people but with my limited experience, someone that understands and is there for you is the most important thing for those who suffer from this disease.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Creating lists of goals to achieve. Putting color into your home. Putting your degrees and certificates or things you are proud of over your desk, your bed, or in an area where you spend most of your time. Splurge for yourself every once in a while (shopping once a week for only one item, eating out at a nice restaurant). And there are plenty of other possibilities.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Coffee

5. shara63 profile image68
    shara63posted 6 years ago

water ..miraculously releases all tesions & depressions !.

6. meow48 profile image73
    meow48posted 6 years ago

even though when one is in the throes of depression, it feels like you have to look down to see up, but if ... you notice the symptoms heading towards you, exercise to release those endophins... and then you will be able to sleep because you are physicall tired. hope this helps.

working