jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some examples of knee-friendly exercises that would be options for inte

1. Sheila Wilson profile image81
    Sheila Wilsonposted 6 years ago

What are some examples of knee-friendly exercises that would be options for interval workouts?

I've started following a high intensity interval workout, and I'm getting bored with doing the same exercises plus some of the exercises in the workouts are hard on the knees. Since my knees were injured in a car accident, I avoid squats and lunges for that reason. I am able to do side lunges, running in place, and other exercises that are not extremely stressful on the knees. Any suggestions for other interval exercises that are safe for knees and don't use machines?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6254178_f260.jpg

2. Axaflaxar profile image45
    Axaflaxarposted 6 years ago

This can be difficult. I would reccomend elliptical and bike with very high resistance.  If you are trying to build mass you may be able to try leg press but only partial reps. I would see a physical therapist first.  Ask Your self what is your fitness goal here

3. RayChawla profile image61
    RayChawlaposted 6 years ago

For cardio training you could always go swimming, or try shadow boxing.
    For endurance training you just have to try out different things and see what your knees can handle. For example, airborne heisman, high knees, skipping, switch kicks etc. There are quite a few actually. There are a few programs you can follow. The one that comes to mind is Insanity-by Shaun T. And for strength training, your best bet would be use machines like hack squat press, or smith machine squats. Best of luck.

4. rcrm89 profile image61
    rcrm89posted 6 years ago

Cycling, boxing, elliptical, rowing (maybe?)...

working