jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some exercises I can do to strengthen my knees?

1. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 5 years ago

What are some exercises I can do to strengthen my knees?

I hurt my leg the other day doing yoga, it was horrible. I went to straighten my leg and heard a pop, it was excruciating. My knee got hot as fire, thankfully I managed to get it to stop hurting well except for the back of my knee being tight, anyone know any exercises I can do to strengthen my knees?

2. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

You really need a doctor or physiotherapist to decide which part of your knee was damaged, so you can use appropriate exercises. As a generalisation, non weight bearing exercise such as swimming or cycling would probably help. Good luck with your recovery.

3. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I agree that sounds different and should be checked out. Get an MRI. Personally, I want to grow more cartilage in there so my knees stay young acting.

Also,it is important for all of us to be near our optimal weight so we don't put excess pressure on our knees and joints.

4. jclaffee profile image77
    jclaffeeposted 5 years ago

Yep, definitely get that checked out. You don't want what could be a serious injury to go un-checked by a doctor or therapist. It could then turn into a chronic issue. It's not uncommon for an injury like that to be tight while it's recovering, but you need a professional exam/opinion to be safe. Resistance exercises can improve joint strength and health, but way too many people perform exercises like squats incorrectly, leading to joint problems. Hire a good trainer before you attemmpt anyting like that.

working