Has your life ever changed in an instant?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Natashalh profile image73
    Natashalhposted 12 years ago

Has your life ever changed in an instant?

Has there ever been a moment when everything about your life changed suddenly and unforeseeably? For the negative or positive.

2. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 12 years ago

yes when I found out I had type 1 diabetes

3. kschimmel profile image72
    kschimmelposted 12 years ago

Yes, when I first became a mother.  I had assumed after my baby was born I would continue with life much as it had been--busy career, big bucks--except with a baby added to the mix.  Then I saw my son and realized I was a completely different creature now!

4. urmilashukla23 profile image66
    urmilashukla23posted 12 years ago

Yes, six years ago. Which changed my life forever physically and emotionally.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 12 years ago

Yes it has for both negitave and postive Im not going to go into detail but life can change in an instant cherish what you have while you still have it and always look foward to the future take comfort and caution in knowing life can change it an instant!

6. profile image0
    Catzgendronposted 12 years ago

The night my then 5 year old daughter ( almost 18 now ) met me at the front door telling me that daddy fell asleep in the pool. That night life as we knew it changed and we were in a living nightmare from that moment that last 2 years.  Though there were a few positives, my daughter wasn't in the pool with him, my middle daughter gave birth to my first grand daughter and we've survived.

7. parentsreview profile image67
    parentsreviewposted 12 years ago

Yes, when my son was born.  It was like we were going through the motions before his birth, and I didn't really grasp that a brand new human was on the way.  Then suddenly, there he was, and it was a game-changer.

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

My life  has changed seemingly overnight many times, and in both positive and negative ways.

The most "instant" among life-changing events happened 36 years ago (today's the anniversary, actually - so it's odd I'd run into this question) when a drunk and speeding driver hit the car in which I was riding, and the best friend I've grown up with since childhood, was killed; and I was injured.

We were both weeks short of our twenty-first birthdays.  It was as if I'd been going along in life on a train, and the train was suddenly derailed.  When it was put back on a track that track took it in a whole other direction than it otherwise would have gone. Maybe it's not accurate to say "when it was put back on a track".  Maybe it's more accurate to say "when I had enough time, and figure out how the hell I was going to get that monster of a train on the nearest track with whatever resources I had".

Eight months later, there was more "instant" derailment when my father had a massive heart attack that would soon thereafter result in his death.

Quite a bit of my early- and mid-twenties was spent getting used to, figuring out a new plan for, and generally processing a life that had had so much "derailment" so soon, and within such a short period of time; and a life that was a completely different world than the one I'd once known.

Some of who/what has come into my life as a result of my being in that unplanned-for "world" are people and memories I treasure beyond words, so there's life (and lots and lots of it) after derailment.  There's also all kinds of happiness and "OK-ness" and any number of wonderful things one would never trade for anything.  There's not, however, looking back on a "track" that runs from point-of-origin to the present stop without a stretch, way back at the beginning of the journey,  that's crooked and damaged and marks the end of one ride to one destination and the beginning of a different ride to another one.  There are things to be learned from the different view, though, and one of them is one that everyone eventually learns anyway; which is that there is never any returning to the beginning of the journey - whether or not there's a broken stretch of tracks along the way.  (It turns out that's not such a bad lesson to learn early on.)

9. donnaisabella profile image73
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

Yes, when I first saw my daughter have a seizure. Diagnosis: Epilepsy. It has been seven long years in which we have learned a lot but our lives have never been the same.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)