Do you have chronic insomnia and, if so, how do you cope with it so that you get

1. JayeWisdom profile image92
    JayeWisdomposted 6 years ago

Do you have chronic insomnia and, if so, how do you cope with it so that you get enough rest?

2. meloncauli profile image95
    meloncauliposted 6 years ago

I used to suffer with insomnia quite badly. I learned a number of things through the experience. Worrying about not getting enough sleep can make insomnia worse as can having too long a nap during the day. Power naps for 30-40 minutes seemed ok. I ended up not worrying about it and only went to bed when I felt ready for sleep. Half of my problem seemed to be that I was apprehensive about going to bed and not sleeping!

3. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 6 years ago

I have chronic insomnia, which is due to pain from years of osteoarthritis and lupus arthritis. However, I have also learned to have a quiet time before bed, reading rather than watching TV. Taking a shower an hour of so before bed is also relaxing. I drink a cup of Sleepy Time or Camomile tea most nights. My rheumatologist has also prescribed a mild medication that helps me go into a deeper sleep, as with lupus you quite often get enough rim sleep but not the deep sleep you need. A short nap in the afternoon also helps.

Closed to reply

working