jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What would you consider the ten best short exercises for work at home bodies to

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

What would you consider the ten best short exercises for work at home bodies to increase health?

2. Live to Inspire profile image60
    Live to Inspireposted 6 years ago

Lunges, squats, light weights, push ups, plank, crunches, skipping, dancing

3. darrensurrey profile image74
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

Live to Inspire's answer is great.

A longer answer...

It depends on how fit you want to get and what equipment you have. I will assume you have no equipment and list exercises with varying degrees of difficulty (in the order I would perform them):
    Jogging on the spot: land on the ball of the foot to avoid injuring the heel; will be good for working the calves
    Bulgarian squats: again with a bag of books for added difficulty (see YouTube if you aren't sure how to perform these)
    (Front) Squats: you can make these tougher by filling a bag with books
    Burpees: I'd get on YouTube for a decent description to avoid injury
    Push ups: vary difficulty with wide, narrow, elbows at the side; raise the feet on a chair for a tougher work out
    Shoulder presses: fill a bag of books...
    Tricep dips: between two chairs
    Turkish get ups: grab that bag of books again and check out YouTube
    Leg raises: lie on the floor, raise legs then get hips off the ground to work the entire length of the abs.
    Mountain climbers: imagine the floor is a wall and you're climbing up (across) it so get on all fours with only your hands and feet making contact with the floor

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I would suggest dancing lol it's wonderful for cardiovascular workout. Also, as mentioned, skipping and there are exercises one can do in their 'chair' smile

5. profile image47
    josephdavidtposted 6 years ago

walking early morning,take push up regulerly

6. miakouna profile image77
    miakounaposted 6 years ago

Cleaning house (vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes clothes, etc.), squats, stretches, stair climbing, lunges.

Once an hour, get up and do the exercises.  When I am at home, I keep free weights by my side.

7. Lady Quill profile image73
    Lady Quillposted 6 years ago

Get a Treadmill Desk so you can work and work out at the same time. :-) Here's a picture of one in case you've never heard of it... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images … ting-goods

8. Viraldomain profile image68
    Viraldomainposted 6 years ago

I think planks are one of the best exercises. Plus walking. When we go to a store, we park way out in the parking lot.  The little things do add up.