How much cardio is too much?

1. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 5 years ago

How much cardio is too much?

I've read about excessive cardio is not a great way to lose weight, which is irritating as a long distance runner. Coritsol release and all that. Fact or fiction?

2. shesacraftymom profile image75
    shesacraftymomposted 5 years ago

I think fiction. That's just my opinion based on everything I've read and my personal experience. I read a research study recently for an article I was writing that said a 15 week study showed the group performing high intensity exercise 4 days a week for 45 minutes a session lost 5% body fat. The other group doing low to moderate exercise for the same amount of time lost none. So, for body fat loss, I'd say cardio is good. As far as too much, I'd say as long as you're taking a rest day or two to let your body repair itself, you're good.

3. Adamowen profile image81
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Cardio is pointless for more than 1-2 hours per week unless you are training for a specific sport or event. No need to put such strain on your joints over a number of years... stick to HIT training to get the same benefits but with less work... in the case of cardiovascular exercise more is not better.

working