jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you handle your temper?

1. lex123 profile image72
    lex123posted 6 years ago

How do you handle your temper?

2. megni profile image60
    megniposted 6 years ago

Learning that the problem is not always with the accused and not reacting to other comments or remarks is something I've learned over the years. Naturally, if attacked I'm going to defend myself, but when you realize others are out to make you lose your cool for no good reason, you learn to ignore them.

1. First think through the issue. Is it worth getting all steamed up over.
    2. Decide why this incident makes you angry. Place blame where it belongs. If it's you then decide to do better the next time. Apologize and make amends or whatever finalizes the issue.
    3. Stop trying to be anyone other than yourself
    4. Learn to avoid confrontation by choosing your battles carefully
    5. Live one day a time and do the best you can do

3. sandrabusby profile image84
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

One way to handle your temper is to use the "stop and plan" loop in your brain, rather than the "fight or flight" loop.  For more information see http://sandrabusby.hubpages.com/hub/Thr … ur-Energy.

4. ustad profile image60
    ustadposted 6 years ago

I always bear in my that the reward for patience is happiness. I always forgive others and ignore coz revenge will take me no-where,

Saying harsh words could be very risky and it can hurt someone's heart so avoid being hyper. When i become angry i try to remove myself from the situation.

When you get angry on anyone then your heart beats faster, you dont feel easy and you want to express your feelings somehow what ever is coming to your mind. Don't do this coz u may lose next person forever. Stay calm and dont speak at once and take deep breaths, close your eyes for a while and try to clear your heart and eventually you will find that the situation is under your control.

5. Raziya22 profile image54
    Raziya22posted 6 years ago

when dose it happen with me i look upon the sky , and pray to god

6. Bigpayno profile image82
    Bigpaynoposted 6 years ago

I have a temper occasionally that I have to control.  I'm really not confrontational per say, but I do tend to say things before I think them through, which can always get you in trouble.  Whenever I'm stressed or angry, I usually workout or run.  Physical activity is always a great way to blow steam.  If I can't do that in the moment, I usually step back, take a deep breath, and try and understand why the person did or said what made me feel that way.

7. Pannonica profile image61
    Pannonicaposted 6 years ago

Personally I like the count to 10 and wait, but I know we all lose our temper sometimes.
    For further info please read:

8. profile image0
    dman15791posted 6 years ago

If I didin't have a family it would be diffferent but now that I do I handle my temper by analyzing, absorbing, understanding, and finally communicating. Sometimes it is rough and when it is I remove myself from the situation at hand. This is not to say that I leave the house. I think that is the worst thing you can do. I simply escuse myself and go into another room where I can calm down. There is nothing worse then exploding on the people that you love.

9. susahnagrande profile image61
    susahnagrandeposted 6 years ago

I count backwards from 10, while taking long deep breaths.