jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Do You Know if Someone is Being Genuine in Their Praise of You or Just Lying

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How Do You Know if Someone is Being Genuine in Their Praise of You or Just Lying Politely?

2. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Interesting question. Well, I think that everything can be determined through the person's closeness to you. When you get praised from someone, ask yourself "Why did they praise me?" Also, sometimes, people may tend to praise too much because they want to be praised in someway as well. Possibly, if the person is jealous from you because you are better in someway, they may try to praise you in order to affirm to themselves that they are not jealous. This is a tough question. I hope my answer helps!

3. profile image0
    SJmorningsun25posted 6 years ago

I'll answer this question with a question: is it really worth knowing? Give the person the benefit of the doubt. If they're being genuine, all is well; if they're not, does it help you at all to know they're lying? You can only make yourself miserable by debating the matter.

4. profile image0
    johnnymnemonicposted 6 years ago

If that someone's got no particular expectations from you, (s)he's likely to be honest with you. How you actually get to know that is by developing your intuition through consistent spiritual&social practice.

working