jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you scared of death? Why or why not?

1. LailaK profile image75
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Are you scared of death? Why or why not?

2. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 6 years ago

After my father's death, I am no longer afraid of death. I guess my only reasoning is that once someone I was very close to died, it brought the reality of death to my attention. It is possible to prolong life but there is nothing that any of us can do to not die.

3. tobusiness profile image86
    tobusinessposted 6 years ago

As a nurse I have witnessed death many times. I do not fear dying, if it comes peacefully, preferable with some dignity in my sleep, at a ripe old age.
    People are most fearful of what precedes death such as the pain of cancer, a traumatic death from a fatal accident etc. For some it is the fear of the unknown or leaving behind those you love.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No I am not afraid of death but the act of dying concerns me.  As tobusiness says, cancer or some painful illness if frightening to think about.  But death?  No, my faith gives me a great deal of peace and comfort about death.

5. Deborah Brooks profile image79
    Deborah Brooksposted 6 years ago

I agree with tobujsiness and duffsmom .. I use to be sacred of dying but now my faith has really made me realize that all is well.. it;s the pain of dieing i do not want .. My mom died with kidney failure.. She was in so much pain for years but the day before she died she went into a coma and just went to sleep with a smile on her face. I knew where my mom was going

working