jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What little things can you do daily to fight off depression?

1. rmcleve profile image80
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

What little things can you do daily to fight off depression?

For me, diet, exercise, meditation, and writing help me keep grounded. What other techniques help people stay on top of their depression?

2. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Thinking of all the blessings I have and for all I have to be thankful for!  The Lord has blessed me so much more than I deserve, why should I be depressed??

3. AnnaCia profile image84
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

As a person suffering from depression, I take control of crisis by acknowledging my condition, having scheduled tasks (at least 3 projects) for the day; opening the drapes in the house; making the bed so I do not go back to it; not watching tv all day, specially if the programs are sad or negative; taking time for meditation.

1. rmcleve profile image80
      rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These are great answers! I do similar things everyday, including watering the plants and cooking. Without set goals, I tend to get stuck with the TV on and the Cheetos in hand.

Thanks for sharing!

4. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I've suffered from depression for a while and the thing I've found that really helps the most is exercise. I really love running, but I think any exercise you find that you enjoy would help. Although it can be hard to get outside and start, and you might want to give up a few minutes after you start, I find that if you stick with it then you get this kind of emotional high whilst you're doing it and for a while afterwards. Also, it helps you feel better in the long run because you have something to look forward to and you know you're doing something for your body and well-being.

I hope you start to feel better soon!

working