jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Natural remedies for migraines caused by stress?

1. Emeraldgreen21 profile image70
    Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years ago

Natural remedies for migraines caused by stress?

I've been getting migraines on an almost daily basis recently. A lot of it is due to stress, but I'm looking for a natural remedy that might help. I'm figuring all these codeine-based painkillers can't be all that good for me. Any suggestions?

2. BigSerious profile image91
    BigSeriousposted 5 years ago

magnesium!! best in the citrate form. I also like the accupressure pillows. They hurt at first, but they really are fantastic. Good luck!

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

To help relax and relieve tension try Lavender Essential Oil as well.  Use a lavender pillow to lie on or put a few drops in a warm bath and release the tension in your body.

Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love lavender essential oil, and use it often. I've heard that it can be helpful if massaged into pulse points, but it's never really gotten me results that way...maybe it should be combined with other oils for that type of application?

4. Man from Modesto profile image83
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

A to-the-point list of tips to improve quality of sleep- and thereby quality of health- and thereby quality of life. read more

5. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Years ago, when I was having repeated stress-related headaches, I divorced my wife, and that took care of the matter......

Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL I'm glad that worked out for you ackman1465.  I read your response just now and my partner asked why I was chuckling, so I told him.  He agrees by the way. He said 'remove whatever causes the stress and the headaches will disappear too.'

6. artist101 profile image71
    artist101posted 5 years ago

The nutrient, or vitamin is B-complex. "The" stress vitamin. One of the symptoms of B-12 deficiency, is headache, among other symptoms. Sublingual, under the tongue, is best, as this is straight into the blood stream. Codeine painkillers rob our bodies of this vital nutrient. See my hub http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/how-t … -naturally

1. artist101 profile image71
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Also avoid tyramine containing foods, chocolate, cheese, and chicken.Known to trigger migraine. Other triggers are hormone imbalance, and low blood sugar. As well as a Magnesium deficiency 600 mg for 12 weeks, research says 85% found relief in 15min.

working